Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GorillaMyDreams, Gibbed 4, Tuesday September 25th, 2012
Well i may as well be the first admin complaint on the new forums.

Admin name: GorillaMyDreams
Server: Gibbed 4
Date/Time: Tuesday September 25th, 2012
Synopsis: Having a good albeit long round, stuff is going on, people dragging artifacts into the emitter lasers in engineering, some sort of invisible person running around the AI claims is a ghost, people exploring space and whatever else was happening that wasn't in radio chatter.

The admin decides to end the round by calling in nearly every event (including making the entire station permanently slippery? couldn't even walk, let alone run.) and makes everything unplayably laggy, saying "the only traitor died early on and everyone was complaining the round was dragging on", seemed like a lie as when i mentioned it in chat he stopped talking to me aside from just saying "QQ", unless people were opting to adminhelp it but not ask for a shuttle(as there was no request for it in radio chatter)

Log: N/A
Extra Information: N/A

Really, it isn't a huge deal, just was a fairly uncool thing to do all things considered.
GorillaMyDreams is normally a fairly good admin, but he can be selfish and a terrible liar if he decides he wants something.
Ah! The time! It was around 9:40 PM PST
The round was going on for 71 minutes after I logged in when it was brought to my attention. The only traitor in question was borged and destroyed, and logged out. I said 'QQ' when you were complaining about 'a good round ruined by admin spam *sigh*'.

I basically made everyone a traitor with the intention to just survive with a bonus reward for keeping their ass on their head.

Also ROFL at the baseless accusations of me being 'selfish' and a 'liar'.
You had responded to my complaint about the spam of events long before you said "QQ", but whatever. My point still stands that no one complained about the round length over the radio, or even tried to call the shuttle, and when i questioned anyone having complained, you dismissed me leading me to believe it just a lie.

My accusations are not baseless, I probably should not have said selfish, as i didn't know your motive in resetting the round, but i in fact described my reason for calling you a liar earlier in the post, and in this one to clarify.

If all you had done was made everyone a traitor and let the station die in a fun way, i would have no complaint. Or have aliens attack and give everyone the objective to escape on the shuttle alive, or anything promoting fun on the station.

I am trying to be respectful here and give you my complaints in a good format, but you coming at me with "ROFL"s and "QQ"s makes it seem far less worth my time.
Rofl. I waited until the shuttle came before I rebooted the server, clearly stating that 'hey, it's lagging up a storm, so I'm going to reset it if it keeps up'. I also said QQ in what you told me referring to my first post, and I remember it clear as crystal so I really didn't say it 'long before the events took place' or whatever you're trying to insinuate . I never called you a liar on anything so uh ?????

Also you may consider a spam of wormholes, and an ass explosion unfun as well as space lube but I really didn't see anyone else complaining. Rofl.

Also, I'd love to hear how I'm a liar.

Edit: My 'motive' was to get the round ended faster so a new one can begin and people can have fun like being selected for a traitor or just playing the round anew.
I popped in for a few seconds during this altercation.

Your tears were overwhelming and really un-warranted. It felt like it was the first time you've experienced a shit round getting put down the fun way. Like you expected Gorilla just to say 'Yup I'm really dumb Ronny sorry for not getting you a tissue faster' and not ending a dumb round. It took me like three seconds to see what was going on, also it was super obvious 90% of deadchat was PO'd at you for whining.

Sorry to even post here, but I felt compelled after seeing this. 8-)
er, reread what i said, more than just my last post, as you seem to be misreading some things. I never said you called me a liar for one.

As to no one complaining, most people wont complain about admin stuff seriously any more.

I like wormholes.
Ass explosions are fine.

It was the dozens of meteor showers and blobs and seemingly permanent Space lube that was uncool. As well as how you responded to my complaint in the first place.

As to the liar bit, what i am talking about is the "everyone was complaining the round was dragging on" and no i am not trying to talk semantics about "everyone". There was not a single complaint in chat and when i mentioned it you ignored me, hence me thinking you are a liar.

As you seem to not care to take this complaint seriously at all I will only be responding to serious questions from here out. Actually read what I type before you respond in the future please.
Ronnyfire Wrote:er, reread what i said, more than just my last post, as you seem to be misreading some things. I never said you called me a liar for one.

As to no one complaining, most people wont complain about admin stuff seriously any more.

I like wormholes.
Ass explosions are fine.

It was the dozens of meteor showers and blobs and seemingly permanent Space lube that was uncool. As well as how you responded to my complaint in the first place.

As to the liar bit, what i am talking about is the "everyone was complaining the round was dragging on" and no i am not trying to talk semantics about "everyone". There was not a single complaint in chat and when i mentioned it you ignored me, hence me thinking you are a liar.

As you seem to not care to take this complaint seriously at all I will only be responding to serious questions from here out. Actually read what I type before you respond in the future please.

I really should have screencapped deadchat after the lube got you. Amigo, you were getting really mad at a 2D space men game when me and who I think was Jack Valentine told you to calm down and suck it up. You responded by ignoring me/him even though either of us barely said anything. Four or five people with names I didn't remember were all getting mad about the round dragging on. I get that you're mad, but condescending all over Gorilla is P rude.

I still feel like a dingus for even posting here, but I popped in long enough to see that the round was dragging like crazy. All da taters were dead, 90% of people including myself were all wondering when it was going to end. You got P pissy when you died, and bitched really intensely in deadchat while a few of us tried to calm you down. We could see super clearly that you've never actually dealt with a round that drags on unnaturally long, or how they tend to end.

Pope, or anyone else would have just told you to shut the fuck up and stop crying about it. He at least had the (unwarranted) decency to talk you through what was happening, even when you condescended on him. Advice: don't bite hands, they tend to feed. He practically did you courtesy.

Sorry to post here, again.
Hold up, first of all i am not mad.
Second of all i said what, 3 things in death chat?

I remember going back and looking thru a fair amount of radio chatter after he mentioned that people had been complaining about the round length to find nothing so...? Unless it was all in dead chat i don't get where you are coming from with this information.

I wasn't mad about dieing, in fact if you check the logs i suicided so i can float around as a ghost to see the carnage myself because i couldn't walk anywhere.

Man if anyone can take something that isn't a big deal and turn it into blasphemy it is you Ebumwell, i am posting a simple complaint here and made a single complaint in game, alongside questioning something and you make it out to be a shit storm of swearing and rage.
Ronnyfire Wrote:Unless it was all in dead chat i don't get where you are coming from with this information.

That's where most people end up, when a round drags to the 71 minute mark. As most people are dead at that point. I get that my argument isn't airtight without a screenshot or logs, however- there was a notable hublub in dead-chat about the situation. I don't mean to blow things out of proportion, or dramatize. You really did get P mad and get all huffy about things. It happens, I'm just posting to notify of you what I think is an unwise admin complaint- and why it is so. You're a cool dude, and a space buddy. However, you seem to not understand that sometimes things don't go your way- especially in 2d space men. That's the impression deadchat/we had, so we let you know- you ignored us and got mad at Gorilla for doing what any administrator would do.

He even sort of apologized to you kind of, so yeah. I'm just saying you should maybe retract this thing. Rounds get knicked' like that fairly frequently, it's the nature of the game. A recursive level 50 meteor storm, lube and all sorts of shit is to be expected- and a big part of the fun in this game.

Besides, Gorilla is a really nice guy D:
I agree gorilla is a cool guy in most cases that warrant being nice, not all but most.

As for you thinking i was mad, i have said before but it appears i have to say it again, i was not and am not mad. If i was mad i probably wouldn't have bothered making a thread about it in admin complaints.

I am fine with things not going my way, heck that is what SS13 is really, dealing with issues that come up!

As to you saying i ignored you, at round end i left to do dishes before the next round starts up.
Hey guys please don't turn this into a flamewar please.
Eh, traitor was borged & the round was only going to drag on for forever. 70 minutes is a long time for a single round.
who the fuck says rofl anymore?