Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You should become like uzzzz
Alright here we are, I've been thinking about this and solidifying some more ideas.

cyber-skeleton
Uses sprite of the current cyborg frame.
Installation: Recipient should be surgery-ready (on a surgery table, on a regular table but unconscious). Prepare the subject by making incisions in each arm, each leg, the base of the neck and the chest with a scalpel. Put the cyber-skeleton into the subject's uniform slot.
Benefits: Required for most other cyber augmentation.
Drawbacks: Can't be removed.

cyber-suit
Kind of grey jumpsuit thing, completely grey, no markings. Plasticky.
Installation: Subject must be surgery-ready. Put the cyber-suit into the subject's exosuit slot.
Benefits: All cyber-augmented parts gain light armour, resistance to cold. If you have this and four cyber-limbs, this works as a spacesuit. Need more ideas maybe?
Drawbacks: Cannot be removed.

cyber-chest unit
Uses current cyborg chest sprite.
Installation: Open subject's chest with scalpel and saw. Install cyber-chest unit into subject's back slot.
Benefits: Decent armour for torso. Can hold one cyber-tool module, accessible by cyber-arms (see below). Cyber-organs operate at full efficiency. Prevents normal chest surgery; instead use robotics-access ID then crowbar to gain access to chest cavity, and same in reverse to close it.
Drawbacks: Cannot be removed. Belt slot on UI is replaced by cyber-tool module, though belts may still be put on the wearer by others.

cyber-lungs
Lungs but cyber.
Installation: Open chest cavity. Remove lungs with scalpel (choose lung)-saw (choose lung). Insert cyber-lungs.
Benefits: Contains internal air supply. With cyber-chest unit, the air supply can refill in breathable air. Maybe other benefits? Need matching drawbacks if so.
Drawbacks: Surgery extremely risky. Need ideas for this, also what happens if emagged?

cyber-arm
Current cyborg arm sprite, minus hand.
Installation: Attach appropriate hand to arm. Remove subject's existing arm with scalpel-saw-scalpel. Attach new arm, secure with staple gun. Can remove hands from a detached arm with a screwdriver.
Benefits: Stronger. Can shatter windows by striking them. With two cyber-arms, can destroy handcuffs by resisting. Various options for hands.
Drawbacks: Hands are more limited in scope.

cyber-interface
Some kind of generic attachment for cyber-tools.
Installation: Attach to cyber-arm,
Benefits: Easy access to any tool in the tool module. All cyber-parts have a special socket to allow them to be carried and installed by this arm.
Drawbacks: Cannot pick things up. Requires cyber-chest unit to be of any use.

cyber-grasper hand
Some kind of grasper thing. Maybe a metal hand, maybe some kind of claw, not sure really.
Installation: Attach to cyber-arm.
Benefits: Can pick up, drop, throw and pull anything a human can. Can grab life forms.
Drawbacks: Cannot use things on other things. Intended to allow an augmented human the benefits of two cyber-arms without removing their ability to pick things up.

cyber-anything hand
Anything that can be picked up.
Installation: Attach to cyber-arm.
Benefits: Any handheld item is attached to your arm in place of a hand. Impossible to drop, throw or be disarmed; you have to take off the entire arm to remove it.
Drawbacks: You have no hand, only that item.

cyber-leg
Current cyborg legs minus the feet.
Installation: Attach an appropriate foot to the leg. Remove subject's existing leg, attach replacement.
Benefits: With two legs, remain upright when stunned.
Drawbacks: <fill in blank>

cyber-foot
A cyborg foot.
Installation: Attach to cyber-leg.
Benefits: If you have two, you gain built-in mag boots, toggleable from the shoe slot.
Drawbacks: Not treads. Can't wear shoes.

cyber-treads
Uses tread sprite,
Installation: Attach to cyber-leg.
Benefits: Each one increases your movement speed.
Drawbacks: If you have two, <insert minor negative effect here> happens. Can't wear shoes.

cyber-helmet
Some kind of security helmet/hard hat hybrid thing.
Installation: Open subject's head with scalpel-saw. Attach helmet in head slot.
Benefits: Armoured. Inbuilt flashlight. Prevents normal brain surgery; to gain access to the brain, instead use ID then screwdriver. To close head, apply same in reverse order. When paired with cyber-mask, functions as a space helmet.
Drawbacks: Cannot be removed.

cyber-mask
Kind of like the ski mask but in a different colour.
Installation: Put in subject's mask slot. Staple.
Benefits: Filters out airborne disease, inhaled chemicals and toxic gas. Makes speech more robotic-looking.
Drawbacks: Changes name to 'Cyborg'. Cannot be removed once stapled.

cyber-control implant
Like the AI interface module I guess?
Installation: Open subject's brain with scalpel-saw. Apply implant.
Benefits: All-access, remote control over machinery, access to machine talk. Makes speaking font more robotic.
Drawbacks: Are now bound by AI laws and subservient to the AI.

So what I'm kind of going for is some general synergy between different parts, so you don't just take one and leave it at that, there's an incentive to go further, get more, get the benefits that you're missing out on. I think legs are a bit crap at synergy right now, but I'm fond of the balancing act I've done with the feet. Two feet are slow but you get mag boots. One treads is a bit faster but has no special ability with it. Two treads are faster still but, er, I haven't worked out what the disadvantage would be. I'm not sure about legs in general, I mean we really just take them for granted don't we.

The control implant doesn't have any direct synergy with the various augmentations but it does have some indirect synergy, in that if you're heavily upgraded and have your arms replaced, the control implant would be useful for giving you access to machines, which gives back some of the flexibility you lost. Of course, if you take the control implant and have no other augmentations, you could be compelled to get them with a law or an order from a non-augment.

You'll notice that there's two augmentations that make speech more robotic. I was thinking they'd have a cumulative effect, so one of them alone gives you a font that's just a bit squarer, but both together get you full console font, and maybe a slight accent that makeszz you szzlur your sszz.
I love these ideas.

I can already tell my new goal in this game if the Robotic control implant is added is to start kidnapping people and injecting them with the control implant while the laws are One-human laws and a freeform thing that get the OTHER slaves to start hunting people and converting them to my cause,
Did somebody say "robotics gets to actually do something"? I think I heard it and I approve.
Nnystyxx Wrote:Did somebody say "robotics gets to actually do something"? I think I heard it and I approve.

You mean staring longingly into genetics isn't enough for them?! These darn over entitled roboticists! Argh!