Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confirmation prompts for destructive operations.
There currently are a lot of actions in the game, that can be done without a single confirmation prompt, it would be nice if several destructive, or wasteful actions could get confirmation prompts.

For example:
  • Flushing chemicals in a reagent extractor
  • Isolating chemicals in a chemical dispenser
Could this sort of thing be made a toggle in the setup menu? Not sure I'd like it otherwise. To my knowledge I can't recall doing this in a self-destructive manner.
Vitatroll Wrote:Could this sort of thing be made a toggle in the setup menu? Not sure I'd like it otherwise. To my knowledge I can't recall doing this in a self-destructive manner.

While I like the concept, I've only had this happen to me maybe twice
Honestly, the only destructive sequence I've had happen to me way too many times is me accidentally pouring out all of a beaker's contents because I clicked on something while holding a beaker.

Sadly, I don't think there's a way to prevent that.
Mageziya Wrote:Honestly, the only destructive sequence I've had happen to me way too many times is me accidentally pouring out all of a beaker's contents because I clicked on something while holding a beaker.

Sadly, I don't think there's a way to prevent that.

Other servers give you the ability to put a lid on beakers. Perhaps we could have that here.
Vitatroll Wrote:Could this sort of thing be made a toggle in the setup menu? Not sure I'd like it otherwise. To my knowledge I can't recall doing this in a self-destructive manner.
Throw some safety goggles in chemistry that asks you to confirm all pours while wearing them.
Frank_Stein Wrote:
Throw some safety goggles in chemistry that asks you to confirm all pours while wearing them.
this would be pretty cool
Frank_Stein Wrote:Throw some safety goggles in chemistry that asks you to confirm all pours while wearing them.

Yes, but extend this to everything chemistry-related (want to add something using the chem dispenser? Get a prompt. Want to heat it up? Get a prompt.)
I enjoy seeing people accidentally spill their chemicals everywhere and ruining things.
I spill shit more often by misclicking
Amuys Wrote:I spill shit more often by misclicking

I know it can be a total bummer to accidentally isolate something vital, but I have to agree with statement more. I have spilled crap on my HUD or something else dumb more times than I care to count.
Apo123 Wrote:
Frank_Stein Wrote:Throw some safety goggles in chemistry that asks you to confirm all pours while wearing them.

Yes, but extend this to everything chemistry-related (want to add something using the chem dispenser? Get a prompt. Want to heat it up? Get a prompt.)
Dang, maybe a whole safety kit should get stuck somewhere. Include the goggles, a bright orange vest with reflectors that shows up really bright darker rooms, a yellow hardhat with flashing orange lights, a whistle, some caution signs, maybe a handheld sign with a red stop and green go side that's toggle-able in hand.
Frank_Stein Wrote:
Apo123 Wrote:

Dang, maybe a whole safety kit should get stuck somewhere. Include the goggles, a bright orange vest with reflectors that shows up really bright darker rooms, a yellow hardhat with flashing orange lights, a whistle, some caution signs, maybe a handheld sign with a red stop and green go side that's toggle-able in hand.
Yes. get in not go out