Daeren's Mentor Application
Usual Character Name: Ensign Daeren
BYOND Username: Daeren
Recommended by (if applicable): David221whatever asked why the hell I wasn't a mentor yet, if that counts
Times Available: I'm a student so it can vary a lot, and sometimes I have dry spells where I don't play as much. When I do play though, I often play for a couple rounds in the afternoon/evenings.

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): I've played this stupid game for a long time, now, and consider myself generally knowledgeable enough about a lot of it to field questions from newbies. I remember when I first started that there was no mentor system and a lot of people were really cagey about telling oblivious assistants how to not ruin everything, so I'd appreciate being able to help people who don't really know what the hell they're doing. I always get the warm-and-fuzzies when I help an obviously new player have an awesome round or teach them interesting (but relatively harmless) stuff, like where hidden clothing caches are or how to make chemicals like tricordrazine. One of my fondest memories of SS13 is way back on Donut 2's earlier days where I helped a new player, a fellow QM, learn how to game the shipping system. We then escaped from the station as we both contracted Clowns Syndrome and everything got pelted with asteroids. I ended up dragging him through broken glass in a vacuum to get to the escape shuttle and he was so happy in end-round OOC.

I'd apply for HoS as well, but I still get pretty pissed off when people fuck around with sec just to be douchebags so I don't think I'd wear the beret as well as it deserves. That, and my usual approach to dealing with terrible security officers as Captain when there's not a HoS around is to strip them naked, give them a no-access ID with the job title BEAT ME FOR PRIZES, and throw them out on their asses in an orange jumpsuit to get their shit kicked in by assistants.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): czech yourself before you shzrech yourself

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): The only one I can remember was a long-ass time ago when I got jobbanned from sciences for hawking monkeytizing pills as Shady Steroids in a gimmick basketball game and force-feeding some to a cluwne.
Yeah, this dude knows his stuff and for the most part is a pretty cool dude. I've seen him help people out in person when they ask how to do something. Give him that purple text.
Yeah, definitely should be a Mentor. He's been around for a while and knows stuff. Might as well apply for HoS in a couple of months or something too as it seems like most people are applying for Mentor before they apply to be an HoS now. Except for the really old players who sometimes just apply for HoS on a whim, it seems like being a Mentor is almost turning into some sort of prerequisite or something. But I digress. I say yes.
I'll vouch for Darren, he seems like a chill and generally knowledgeable guy. As sec, he's fair to cooperative traitors caught early-round. I can see him being helpfully discreet with mentorhelping antagonists, which is the most important thing imo.
Always a good guy and fits this role perfectly, yes.
I've never seen this guy do a single bad thing in his entire time playing. Definite yes.
Please give this man mentor. He really deserves it, and is quite possibly one of the most fun people I've played with.
Yes