Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spaceman Skill Scoring
How would you rate your space skills in these various subjects?

Engine Hellburning: D. I am not talented at making the engine emit unholy quantities of energy. Even when I try standard methods the results have been lackluster.

Bomb-Fu: A+. Anybody can chuck a pipebomb together. A lot of people can do TTV bombs, some of them disgustingly quickly. Canister bombs are where it's at.

Chemistry: A. It's not just about secret recipes, though I do know most of them. Knowing how to weaponize them is the trick - do you know the specific breakpoints for smoke powder radii (stabilized or unstabilized)? Got a favorite slurrypoison mixture? Know what blocks toxic fumes? Done any bloodbag drip science? Learned to work the chemicompilers?

Telescience: A. Setting up telescience quickly to yoink the captain's spare ID is just the start. What telescience areas can you complete, or speedrun?

Botany: B-. I can usually get where I'm going in botany, but the secrets to splicing or growing life weed remain beyond my ability.

Mechanics Components: C+. I know the essentials of setting them up but have yet to construct anything truly horrendous with them.

Robustness: C+. I know a few of the dirty tricks in hand to hand, but my clicking ability always lets me down when facing anyone with above average skill.

Artifact Research: C. I know the standard ways of making artifacts go PING and can run gptio, but puzzling out exactly what one stubborn artifact needs to make it go fzamph based on the fuzzy readings of the instruments has not engaged my attention.

Medicine: A. I know exactly how to treat just about any problem and have a specific medical kit I throw together to do so. Salbutamol is extremely underutilized.

Tampering With Life Itself (Genetics): A. How fast can you bum-rush to injectors? What genetic combos have you memorized? How often do monkeys beat you senseless?

The Synthetic Life: A-. How well do you know the ins and outs of playing a cyborg or AI, taking advantage of the unique things these roles are capable of? I know my borg-chem needs touching up for blob-fighting, but I think my other synthetic talents are top notch.

Cashing In: D. How good at you at making money? I just default to the slots when I need a quick cash infusion, but a skilled QM operator or stock market player can make a bundle.

Loaf Processing: F. Loaf science is scary and something I've never dared tamper with.

Any other essential skills that should be added to this list?
Hellburns: C+. I know how it works on a conceptual level, it's mainly just a matter of me never really getting around to doing it.

Bombs: D. I haven't really experimented with the toxins lab at ALL, nor have I partaken in pipe bombs, but I can whip up a MEAN chem-grenade if the situation calls for it.

Chemistry: B+, hindered only by the fact that I haven't so much as touched the ChemiCompiler. With the help of some lab partners, I've been able to whip up explosive mixtures that can send someone hurtling to their flaming demise in a little under half a minute, with twelve seconds being the personal record. I don't play the research jobs very often nowadays, but if I can get some lab time, I can cook some NASTY stuff. I also know almost every secret chemical there is to know, and pretty much have the effects of the majority of chemicals memorized. And like I said before, I make a really mean chem grenade.

Telescience: A-. The only reason why this isn't an A is because there are just a few things (looking at you, Biodome sliding walls and Ice Moon pinging puzzle) that still give me trouble on occasion, but I know just about all of the maps and important items like the back of my hand, I can determine the coordinates in a flash with a GPS and still just fine without it, I've been slowly honing my skills with the relay command, I've run mission control for countless successful expeditions and Solarium activations, and I'm also the probably-official lorekeeper of the #sol team.

Botany: C+. Eh. I know how it works, I just never really find it very appealing.

MechComp: C+. I actually updated the MechComp guide over on the wiki (pre-rework, of course) and have built a few contraptions, but I have yet to really MAKE much of anything with it.

Robustness: B-. I'm definitely not the best at hand-to-hand combat, but I've found that I've been pretty damn good at consistently aiming shots at people, though that could just be luck on my part. Most of my robustness lies in the element of surprise and defeating my opponents quickly enough to render the rest of the fight a non-issue through surprise attacks or taking advantage of existing chaos, but as far as prolonged, one-on-one melees go, I've definitely seen better days.

Artifact Research: B. If an artifact doesn't activate after testing from all of the artlab machines and maybe a shotgun blast if I can snag one off of the Barman or wherever, I usually just ignore it. Unfortunately, that's the place where most artifacts end up being. It's luck of the draw, really.

Medicine: A-. As mentioned before, I've damn near memorized just about every chemical in the book, and I've also memorized all of the surgical procedures there are to know. I just need to get back in the swing of actually PLAYING as a medic, which I used to do quite a lot back in the day.

Genetics: A. As the premier researcher for the Genetic Combination Map, it's safe to say that I'm very well-versed with the genetics system and how to crank out mutations on the fly.

Silicons: A-. It's safe to say that AI is EASILY my favorite role on the station, one that I have very strong thoughts towards and do my best to play with the utmost of my ability. I wrote the current iteration of the AI's Guide to the Chain of Command, I'm extremely well-versed with how much leeway an AI has in different situations, and with my recent endeavors in telesci and fondness for messing with the station intercoms, I do everything I can to make sure that the crew knows the power behind that supposed "glorified doorknob." The one thing setting me back here is that I don't usually play cyborgs, they just lack the same sense of...agency, I suppose you could call it.

Dollar Dollar Bills Y'all: D-. I make my money by stealing other people's money.

Loaf Science: N/A. Yeah no, I ain't touching that yet.

---

Some suggested categories:

Traitoring: B-. As a traitor, I frequently become far too overwhelmed by possibilities to formulate very complex and grandiose plans, so I usually just pick modest and subtle traitor gear and attempt to hijack other people's antics, score some kills where I can, and do my best to retain a good public image. Derringers and sleepy pens are easily some of my favorite traitor weapons because of their wonderful combination of easy concealment, severe lethality, and pure stylishness.

Greytiding: C+. How good you are at thriving as a lowlife on the station, be it through cunning thievery and hacking, audacious acts of vandalism, or just being an opportunistic bastard. I've recently started playing as a staff assistant with the Illegal Immigrant and Puritan traits, and of the two rounds I've been able to land so far, both have been absolutely wonderful experiences. I even murdered a changeling with the barman's shotgun!

Changeling...ing: A-. I haven't had enough rounds yet to be comfortable giving myself an A, but pretty much every round I can remember playing in as a DNA-stealing alien has been a good one, with one recent round resulting in me depopulating pretty much the entire station, racking up a total of 18 DNA absorptions, and completely avoiding public notice the entire time until I went Horror Mode on the escape shuttle and proceeded to devour everyone there.
Engine Hellburning: A+, 5.55 EW is my record and I love me a good powerglove rampage

Bomb-Fu: A+, I have made the station vanish completely with max-powered canister bombs several times.

Chemistry: A++,
, also the first person to find initropidril back before it was changed and made public. Used to speedrun vampire serum back in the day.

Telescience: A+, I have speedrun the lava- and ice moons, stealing all the critters from the latter and unleashing them on the station. I used to harvest spider eggs from the queen and would routinely solo the wendigo king. I have started zombie apocalypses with the aid of Hulk Hogan and some monkies and created petting zoos on the station with the most dangerous critters imaginable.

Botany: C, I know how to make white fungus, along with killer- and explosive tomatoes. The intricacies of it baffles me, however.

Mechanics Components: D, I guess I set up a thing that made anyone speaking near it send their words to everyone's PDAs with their name as sender. Apart from that, eh. Sad eng101

Robustness: C, the reason I became a chem / telehitler in the first place. If you can't fight fair, then don't. I don't know

Artifact Research: B, I can activate artifacts and so on. I'm sure there's more to it, though.

Medicine: C, apply patch on bleeding man. Apply syringe on dying man.

Tampering With Life Itself (Genetics): D, stands for death to genetics! Grimm and frostbitten

The Synthetic Life: A+, the most helpful AI / borg. Good at removing nonhumans and ensuring the station's human population are safe from their nonsense. Helped popularise AI telescience shenanigans (i'm sorry).

Cashing In: D-, Used to beat up the X-drone for dosh. I guess that doesn't work so well any more. RIP. QM baffles me.

Loaf Processing: A, I can loaf good. Ask anyone who's experienced me tampering with disposals to loaf everything going through it.
Hellburns: B-. For me setting up a working engine is easy to do but setting up a REAL engine is something I can only do inconsistently.

Bombs: C+/B. I have burned myself alive in toxins enough to have figured out a good understanding of it I can put together some pretty nasty bombs fairly early into the round.

Chemistry: C+. I am not all that invested into chemistry but I know all the basic-essential medical chems and some of the poisons but only know a handful of the secrets.

Telescience: C+. I have overplayed all of the telescience areas and know most of them like the back of my hand, but the more obscure things still elude me and because of laziness I dont do the math by hand anymore I just punch coords it into a thing I have to get to places.

Botany: B-. I understand how a majority of botany works but its pretty boring and tedious when it comes down to manipulating a plant into what you want for the desired results.

MechComp: F-. I have no idea how that thing works and have only ever occasionally tried to play with it.

Robustness: A. I am a long time student of the art of robustfu and have tried and died more times than I can care to remember. In most 1 on 1 fights I wont be beat unless the guy either is a master of it aswell or is drugged up/has weapons.

Artifact Research: A. I can activate nearly every artifact I come across with no issues. But some artifacts just refuse to give me their secrets and those get melted/spaced.

Medicine: C+. I can be a competent doctor but I don't really like sitting around medbay waiting for someone in deep crit to stumble/be dragged in.

Genetics: C. I only understand the basics of activating genes and what they do. But as far as making genes out of other ones I have no idea how that works.

Robot life: B. Being a borg can be good fun but unless you're needed for something specific it can get kinda stale with your limited ability to do things. As for AI unless you get made rogue or something is going down there is not all that much to do except for spy and people which loses its fun factor pretty quick.

Making fat stacks: A+. Slots all day erryday. Nothing makes a spaceman retire in 5 minutes like slots.

Loaf Science: B. Simple on paper but in practice cramming everything that existed ever into the loafer does not work out well.

---

Some suggested categories:

Traitoring: B+. When it comes to traitoring unless i get knocked out early on i can come up with some more elaborate things for my victims or i can just go hog wild(my favorite option) and murderlize everyone who comes into my line of sight
Greytiding: A. I am capable of everything a job like captain can accomplish with the limited starting tools the humble assistant starts with and can work my way up to arming myself with the entire armory in reasonable amount of time. One important thing though is being able to handle the shit that gets thrown at you which can include bombs, traitors gone loud, nuke ops, wizards, and other such hazards. So I have learned to keep the bare minimum of supplies on me such as the essential crowbar/fire extinguisher combo and maybe a medkit.

Changeling: A. Back when changeling still had the heat seeking knockout acid spit changeling was pretty trivial to play and a nuisance to combat even in small groups. With the changes made, things are more difficult but its still pretty easy to pick off lone stragglers with the neurotoxin under the guise of needing help with something.

Blob: C+. I like to think I am fairly decent as blob but alot of it comes down to the crew either not noticing you/not caring enough to do anything for most of your early stages.

Wraith: B. Not to bad at wraith but like blob its up to whether the crew arms up and salt spams you back to hell or not.
Engine Hellburning : A+ 40TW hellburn!
Bomb-Fu : B- Never really touched them that much, but assuming the bomb code is fairly unchanced since r4407 i should be able to make TTV bombs that rip the entire Z apart.
Chemistry : A++ i'm one of the few people that knows the recipe for QGP, and i make horrible horrible flamethrowers. get in not go out
Telescience : A++ I can solo the bad ending in ~45 minutes with the help of some loaf science.
Botany : B- I know some things, like horrible killer tomatos, or exploding ones, but that's about it.
Mechanics Components : A++ I broke the system, i made payment components spit out INF money, and i used it to send images/music to PDA's!
Robustness : B- I'm only robust if i have my wrestling belt, chemicals or guns.
Artifact Research : B- I know how to activate them, but that's it.. right?
Medicine : C apply patch, apply syringe, or apply strange reagent.
Tampering With Life Itself (Genetics): B- I know the basics.
The Synthetic Life: D- i hate playing AI.
Cashing In: A, i know how to properly flip items as a QM.
Loaf Processing: A, einstein rosen loaf anyone?
I was thinking of making a thread like this, but the one I would have made would have had a much worse structure.

Engine Hellburning: B: I can make it happen, and do some special modifications to improve safety, but the power levels never can reach the jaw-dropping levels spoken of in legends.

Engine Setups That Aren't Hellburns A : I can make a nice, calm lil-engine that can hit a few megawatts and doesn't set the entire station on fire.

Bomb-Fu: B+: Best bomb I can make is a 9x9 TTV bomb. That's actually the only bomb I can make, but it's enough to cause massive devastation if used properly. I've been foraying into canister science, but have gotten no-where. I've also never made a pipe bomb of any kind before.

Chemistry: B+: I know a small handful of secrets, have done experimentation into various strange applications, but I can't do anything impressive.

Telescience: F+: I can figure out the distortion on the telesci computer. That's it. I've never forayed into it because it's extremely frustrating that the only way to learn is to randomly plonk coordinates in until something happens, only to watch as someone walks up, loots everything on the station, and then fucks off into 5 different telesci areas at the same time.

Botany: D+: I can't figure out jack shit. My ultimate goal has been to try and make omega weed, but that will likely never be acheived.

Mechanics Components: F--:I know jack shit beyond the fact that you can tear down almost everything with a wrench.

Robustness: C+: My specialty in robustness isn't fighting people, but actually staying alive for faaaaaaar longer than I have any right to. I've survived c-saber attacks, various spacing attempts, various poisonings, rad-bow shots, mob hunts, and so on.

Artifact Research: D-: My only foray into this is just poking artifacts and seeing if they do something.

Medicine: A++: This is my specialty. I can cure almost anything and my only weakness in this field is having a chance of fucking up heart surgery. This field is the reason that my robust specialty is staying alive. Funfact: Medical Doctors are space proof. Also, never turn your back on a doctor you just put into crit.

Gentics: B: My hey-day was during the OP times of genetics. It's been a while, but I've slowly been making forays back into genetics, which is still fundamentally the same.

The Synthetic Life: F---: Playing borgs and the AI are the only thing in this game I absolutely hate doing. I despise the borg UI, and the necessity of being constantly attentive during the entire round as an AI.

Cashing In: F: I don't really know how to make money, but most of the time my shenanigans can be paid for with the default paycheck.

Loaf Processing: B: I once convinced a cult of mindslaves to try and loaf the entire station. Sadly, due to the extreme nerfs to loafing, it's basically impossible for me to progress any further in loafing.

Traitor: A: I if I want to do something as a traitor, I can do it. It's amazing what you can do with crew-apathy. Sadly, my biggest crutch is that I'm extremely uncreative with traitor gimmicks.

Changeling: A: I can make it through an entire round with people realize there's a changeling while still actually eating people.

Nuke Op: B: I can't organize the other operatives, but I sure as hell can fend off people at the bomb site. My specialty is using grenades, such as the sarin grenades. Took a lot of trial and error to learn how to use the later effectively.

Wizard: D++: I suck. I can do stuff, but I haven't actually had a wizard round last longer than 25 minutes.

Bleb: C: I can bleb decently, but my survival solely depends if I'm the first or second blob discovered during a bleb round.

Wraith: A: I still have yet to properly raise a revenant and fuck up stuff with one, but other than that I can cause some good shit to happen.

Vampire: ???: Literally have only been vampire once, like 7 months ago. I spent 15 minutes confusedly wandering around before admins crashed the server, and since this was before antag tokens, I was never compensated.

This post made me realize that I suck at this game.
Mageziya Wrote:Changeling: A: I can make it through an entire round without people realizing there's a changeling while still actually eating people.
Whoops. Fixed this sentence.
This thread just seems like dumb ego stroking :suicide:
Readster Wrote::godwinning:

Meh it looks like people just having fun discussing how well they do things on the station to me
Here's to stroking my dumb ego! Dance

Engine Hellburning: B+ // As of current, at least. I've made EW engines on 4 (long rounds help) and could regularly make several hundred TW engines. I've noticed a change since the atmos tweaks, and even some of my old standard 500tw engine dropped off. Still, I know all of the 'tricks' except the one's involving controlled pipe damage, so getting back to A or A+ territory shouldn't be hard.

Bomb-Fu: C // I can slap together max ttvs and good fartvalves in 5-10 minutes depending on access. Pretty standard.

Chemistry: B // Meh. I know all listed secret chems but QGP, glowing flip and kerosene. Glowing flip probably has a currently really annoying chem to get, and kerosene I haven't tried. LOLQGPno. I can work the chemicompiler, but not on the fly. I know some tricks and stats, but I'm not a big antag so I'm no fun and am horrible at doing bad things.

Telescience: C // I can make my way to the adventure zones, but even on places like biodome it takes me forever to get the armor and I obviously don't have the sekkrit nolidge. I also don't know where a lot of the keys are, so speedruns are out of the question.

Botany: A // I made a genome spreadsheet and can make pretty much anything. Having mutant strains carry their extra reagents would be nice, though. I make this an A simply because the lack of stuff we can do atm.

Mechanics Components: A // I can make contraptions that interface with the powernet (teleporting/farming, eval, buddies, shuttle, etc) and can set up interesting light shows and whatnot. I lost my info list though, with things like delay times and some machines. I'm also not very good at offensive death machines simply because I enjoy dying more than killing.

Robustness: F+ // My clicking is subpar, my connection is bad and my screen is small. I mostly just talk to antags or try to annoy the heck out of them by taunting and running away, or slipping them and farting in their face.

Artifact Research: C // This has never really caught my attention. I have some scripts that make this easier, but I don't really have the knowledge or drive.

Medicine: C- // I have the info and theories, I'm just bad at practical application. In can SR/Fluoro/Mannitol someone back to life, but juggling three deep crits is something I don't have the organization skill to do. I also don't know how to do things like move the surgical table. I really need to hop on as medic more often.

Tampering With Life Itself (Genetics): F // Being able to activate people's genes straight off is super nice though. That's all I know on the new system.

The Synthetic Life: D // I have played AI a number of times I can count on my hand. Have never been rogue as one. This leads me to getting killed by AIs a lot. Particularly by the turrets because I'm dumb. I make an excellent brobot though.

Cashing In: A- // I can make as much as I need with mining or space exploration. Millions if I'm an engineer. My luck at slots is HORRENDOUS though.

Loaf Processing: A // I knew the loaf well. A real shame about it being not being cloneable anymore.

Antagging: D- // I have them disabled most of the time. I also join late. I haven't even been a NukeOp on cogmap, so wow.

Clowning: B+ // Generally on a constant meth high while making horrible puns, I am good clown. My deaths are usually honor related,
I am terrible at everything except doctoring and sleuthing. As long as people aren't actively trying to stop me from healing them I can save most people. When I play detective I am Use forensics a lot and actually question people, and often figure out who the traitor is or who murdered who, getting anybody to do anything about it is another thing entirely. 99% of everything else I am terrible at or find no interest doing. I don't play traitor and I am morally opposed to hellburns mad
Engine Hellburning: N/A I leave engine business to people who can burn the entire station "on accident"

Bomb-Fu: C. I can quickly throw together a bomb to blow shit up with, I guess

Chemistry: B. I don't know many secret recipes, but I can fuck shit up using combinations of the simple ones.

Telescience: C+. I know how to do it, but I am not the best at telescience zones. At all.

Botany: B+. I can get mostly any plant if I set my mind to it.

Mechanics Components: B+. I have been messing around with WIFI tricks lately and been having great fun.

Robustness: C+. I know a few rude tricks, but I am more of a "haha fuck you enjoy the poisoning you deformed butterfly"

Artifact Research: B. I can make artifacts go ZAP, and can generally tell you what they do with readings.

Medicine: B. I am pretty good at medicine, and can easily stabilize just about anyone who isn't suffering from a hellish nightmare poison.

Tampering With Life Itself (Genetics): C. I use to play with genetics a shit ton, but I haven't touched it in a couple of months.

The Synthetic Life: A. I really enjoy playing AI and borgs, and I know a few dirty tricks to fuck up the foolish spacemen

Cashing In: C-. Never played QM. Just doesn't seem interesting. Slots on the other hand? 10 minute Millonaire.

Loaf Processing: D-. I once made a really dense loaf.
How would you rate your space skills in these various subjects?

Engine Hellburning: C. Eh. Good enough to power station.

Bomb-Fu: D. Bombs are not my forte unless I'm blowing up the entire station at once.

Chemistry: C. I know a lot of the secret recipes, but there isn't much fun there for me.

Telescience: A+. I can use telescience from the permabrig, so.

Botany: D+. Botany secrets are a nogo for me, but I can use it.

Mechanics Components: A+. I've rickrolled the AI before

Robustness: B. I can kill people when I want, but fooling around is more fun to me.

Artifact Research: A. I've spent about 5 rounds in a row just doing art research, its really not that hard.

Medicine: B+ I can do/make most medicines and keep people out of crit

Tampering With Life Itself (Genetics): F. I haven't played with newnetics yet.

The Synthetic Life: A. I break everything borg related

Cashing In: F. Cannot make money for the life of me

Loaf Processing: A. Me and 2 others had fun crashing the server with the loafer
Bombs: S rank. I am bombs.

Nothing else matters.
Engine Hellburning: useless to me (F)

Bomb-Fu: A+. useless to me (F)

Chemistry: A

Telescience: useless to me (F)

Botany: especially useless to me (F)

Mechanics Components: useless to me (F)

Robustness: S

Artifact Research: A

Medicine: S. I know exactly how to treat just about any problem and have a specific medical kit I throw together to do so. Salbutamol is extremely underutilized.

Tampering With Life Itself (Genetics): S+

The Synthetic Life: A

Cashing In: S

Loaf Processing: A