Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Private Military Company Recruitment Forum(AKA MGS5:TPP)
So as most of you know, OH MY GAWD! METAL GEAR! BAWLALAWLA! 5 came out yesterday or so. And the game features a multiplayer mode where, after a certain point in the story. You can start setting up forward operating bases. (FOB for short) That are attack-able by random chucklefucks online trying to steal your shit. From resources to personnel. You can set up defenses and stuff to counter them, but a good player can always outwit AI. However it's a lot harder to outwit another player.

When your attacked, you got a notice about it, and can defend your base, but as far as I know (I am not far enough to have a FOB yet) you can get attacked even when offline. However, your friends can help protect your shit.

So that's the reason of this thread. Post your online monikers and add each other as friends to help defend each others base. Creating a PMC defense network for Metal Gear Online.

So if you have the game, and your far enough to have a FOB, post your names here so we can help each other out.
Thanks for the spoilers.
ErikHanson Wrote:Thanks for the spoilers.

Don't really see how much this is a spoiler. Since it was advertised in preview videos.

lol how can you even get spoiled on the plot of an already perfectly established storyline

the only shocking thing you could learn in this game is that ocelot actually stopped looking like a dweeb
Splatpope Wrote:

lol how can you even get spoiled on the plot of an already perfectly established storyline

the only shocking thing you could learn in this game is that ocelot actually stopped looking like a dweeb

god damn it
Splatpope Wrote:

ocelot being the direct inspiration for doc brown confirmed

[Image: wwzjOVy.png]

"You feel it too? Don't you?

I would totally join but I don't have a next-gen console nor a good PC. It might be a few years before I get to play this game.
*ErikHanson reads the back of a game box at the game store*

"Features... online multiplayer? What the h*ck is with these spoilers!?!"

Anyway this is the best game ever made. Haven't unlocked FOBs yet but I'm Lunchmeat Larry on Steam if anyone wants to start the cycle of revenge.
how much of the online do you need xbox live for? i don't have Gold and it won't connect to the internet at all, but i'm still early on (just finished one of the first three missions Kaz gives you/got D.D.)
icarus Wrote:how much of the online do you need xbox live for? i don't have Gold and it won't connect to the internet at all, but i'm still early on (just finished one of the first three missions Kaz gives you/got D.D.)

You need online if you want a F.O.B and MGO as far as I know
Wait besides FOB's what else is online?
Nothing, yet, but MGO, it's 8v8 online fight mode is coming in October
Also I'm lopocozo on ps4, but haven't reached missin 22 yet
a little busy dinking around with SHOTGUN TECHNOLOGY but axolotl will be there to protect your stuff eventually Shobon... (deflated)
How do you search for other people to help anyways and become "friends"?
you cant do this

this isnt a thing that is in the game