Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
remove bloodling Invisibility
these guys only show up on disaster rounds or certain special events but they are always awful. invisible critters that stunlock you and are impossible to fight back against. not fun.
That is what the thermals are for. Generally you can guess where they are if you start seeing blood appear on the ground for no reason. Just shoot in that direction.
Pretty much one of the few reasons thermals still exist.
This should not be a reason for thermals to still exist.
Bloodlings don't even spawn in disaster anymore, I don't think.
Grayshift Wrote:Bloodlings don't even spawn in disaster anymore, I don't think.
Never seen them in the last X rounds.
ErikHanson Wrote:
Grayshift Wrote:Bloodlings don't even spawn in disaster anymore, I don't think.
Never seen them in the last X rounds.
Yes I don't think most people have SEEN them lately.
I've only encountered bloodlings once or twice in all of my time playing and I never managed to piece together that they were invisible until this thread.

They always appeared in shittily lit conditions and I always just assumed they had a ranged attack.
Honestly, bloodlings show up so infrequently that removing this would sort of be doing them a disservice.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:Honestly, bloodlings show up so infrequently that removing this would sort of be doing them a disservice.
I agree, though I wouldn't be opposed to them briefly becoming visible right before attacking.
they're the only invisible enemy I know of, they have a counter in the form of thermals, and they're so rare that it doesn't matter what they do because they effectively dont exist most of the time.

I'm not seeing any real reason to change them
when ive encountered them theyre either slaughtered me (as a human not equipped with thermals) or i desperately tried to wall/bolt them in somewhere (as a cyborg, borgs can see them too). they really throw a crew for a fuckin loop, and although it can be sad to be fucked up by them with minimal chance to fight back, its not like this game isnt chiefly built around getting instakilled or may-as-well-be-instakilled-because-youre-stunned-and-cant-fight-back combat in nearly all other aspects, and i would be sad to see them go, seeing ppl scurry from them shrieking is good fun