Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you discover SS13?
I discovered it while I was searching another minecraft space mod. The mod I found was still in WIP (and looked dead).

And you, how did you discover SS13?
The griefing stories thread on Something Awful.
I was a long-time browser of /tg/ so I got hints of /tg/station for awhile. I didnt really start playing until a bunch of people who I talked to on Steam began to play. I played on /tg/station for about a year or so before switching to goonstation.
My younger brother used to be a admin on /tg/
Uhh.... My friend.... called me on skype?.... 4-5 years ago? I think..... then i joined goon.... and he was teaching me how to play... in skype... and then we got banned for metacommunicating....
Then i came back like 5 months later and started playing on TG, and now i have been playing mostly on goon since 2014 :/
I heard about SS13 from a friend who used to play back on Donut 1.

I gave it a try and liked it. I played on /tg/, which honestly has some content (mechs, slimes, etc.) that I would love seeing on Goon, but then I switched to Goon about 2 years ago now...?

Goonstation is honestly the better server.
A old friend showed me this game after he fell in love with it. I started playing was shit at first and after a few bans I wised up and started to learn how to play and have fun without being a compete asshole. He stop playing and I continue to play, Five years sure went by fast
I'm a big forum lurker, and in many forums there was a 'SS13 tales' or something like that.
These 'tales' were usually pretty awesome, and I decided to give it a try.
..Yet, after playing for 6 months, I don't recall any good 'tale'
I guess it's because or my memory is bad, or my playing is mediocre (hint: it's both pipe dog )
Dabir Wrote:The griefing stories thread on Something Awful.
Yeah, that or a similar one led me to reading the old SS13 golden moments like My God, It's Full Of Butt and it went from there
people on IRC told me stories about flooding the bridge with plasma at the start of the round and hacking the mulebot and riding it around all round with the safety turned off(and ofc about being horrible roboticists). so i finally started playing because i didn't believe there was a game where you could throw poo at people and toss them out of airlocks, etc.
I just read the SS13 thread on something awful and thought it'd be fun.
I heard about the game on some forums and then I went and started watching Plump's videos and eventually started playing on goon and only once went to another server. Goon best cause it's all I know.
a fokkin long time ago, I was playing shit games on byond and saw this game and well bang
A friend at uni told me about it, got me watching Plump's vids. We played together on /tg/ for 6 months until there was some big drama thing and I left/he got banned. Been here ever since.
I was also referred by a friend who doesn't really play that often nowadays, though I wasn't really shit at first so much as I was generally naive and incompetent.