Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eavesdropping
Think about this... you have some thermals on, and see two guys facing each other in a small room. You don't know what they are talking about, but one has a taser. It looks like danger. What can you do? Run in, ask them questions hoping they don't tase you and throw you in disposals? Or do you get out a glass, press it against the R wall and listen to them talking about killing the captain, the AI and releasing the sing? I would love to see that. Glasses allowing you to listen to people on the opposite wall, in a whisper.
what an amazing title to the thread
Sort of relevant...
Can't vouch for the thread name, but the idea is neat I guess. I'd prefer it to be a specific detective tool, though; something that you can poke through an airlock and listen with.
Terrible thread title, but yeah, being able to listen through walls would be a really cool thing for detectives.
I think he really should have a more sleuth-oriented setup, rather than crime "solver"; let's face it, most of the time the Detective throws away his fingerprint cards and Scanner immediately.

What he SHOULD have:

- Vastly simplified scanner; one-tool-does-all sort of thing, which can dispense fingerprint cards, scan blood, scan prints, AND instantly check vs. the database for matches. Along with that, maybe give the Scanner the ability suggested in the Better Examination thread; "This body seems to have been stabbed!" or "This body has traces of Swedium and Polytrinic Acid in it's bloodstream!"
- Sleuthing tools! His audio tape is a nice idea, but it's so rarely used that it should be reworked; let him have a tiny microphone he can hide in his coat, recording his every interaction. Along with this, allow him to remove it and place it under tables, or even on other people!
Maybe have it send it's recordings back to his office? I dunno.
- A lovely listening tool; simply click an airlock with it, and you can hear through the door clearly; if you put it to a wall, you can hear whispered conversations.

idk I think the detective is only as fun as you make it right now and needs a more Private Eye-styled role.
Again, this has been suggested before, mozi has sprited a wiretap/bug in the detective thread.
It should work so that the bug is broadcasted on security frequency.
You could even plant the bug on yourself or place it into someones box in their bag to be extra sneaky
[Image: t1rx4.png]
christ I thought I was being at least a little original, that Detective stuff thread seems to have ingrained itself in my mind.
well this certainly wasn't what I expected when I clicked on a thread called "Perverts"
why would glasses help you hear through a wall?

[Image: 35009dz.png]
ok nice we have a picture of a pervert for the pervert thread
i almost forgot happy valentines day
Why such a awful thread name.

Anyway Detective has too many items that no one uses, make one forensic tool and use that.

Most of the time I play detective I throw out the forensic card holder and box and replace them with gun ammo.
The detective's VR goggles should do all the crime visualising shit that the ones its based on in Heavy Rain can do.

The only good part about that game was playing future cop. I want to play future cop in the middle of violent 2d spacemen.
Yes, Future cop, with science things and batman's detective vision.