Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strangling Changelings
It is possible to strangle a changeling into unconsciousness. This makes absolutely no sense, when you consider the following facts:

A changeling does not need to breathe or wear a space suit.

A changeling can cut out its own heart and be completely fine, suggesting it doesn't need blood flow even if it still bleeds when sliced up. (I know this is a quirk of the changeling disease immunity code.)

Seems like an oversight that's a product of strangulation doing plain stamina damage to knock people out. Would it be possible to adjust this at all? From my perspective, this shouldn't be possible to do to aliens that don't actually need air, and cutting off blood flow would only make sense if the brain needed oxygen, so see above reasoning.

I admit I got murdered by someone strangling me into unconsciousness during a changeling round, but it was a cluwne that did it and the circumstances were hilarious. (I was attempting to eat people and leave their corpses on the bar. I was not being subtle.)
Can you still choke out shambling abominations too?

If so, how the fuck does that work?
Why does a changeling have stamina anyway? I can't see the alien from The Thing running out of breath from punching people.
KikiMofo Wrote:Why does a changeling have stamina anyway? I can't see the alien from The Thing running out of breath from punching people.

The stamina system in general makes no sense for a changeling. I see it as a balance thing. Though I don't think changelings of all things should get choked out.
Strangling a changeling triggers something similar to the scruffing reflex you see with cats and dogs which makes it take a nap.

Feature.