Logondo Mentor Application
Usual Character Name: Logondo Mondo
BYOND Username: Logondo
Times Available: Late nights (8pm-3am PST or later)

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum):
So I've been adventuring on the wacky space ship for about 3-4 years now. I think the earliest point of reference would be right after they changed from donut station to the new one? I remember the first time playing this game, back when I knew absolutely nothing, and just wondered around the station as a botonist; half playing, half wikipedia-reading. It was my first time with a BYOND game, and the first time playing a game of this nature at all. It was really daunting how much there is to learn. Even the most minor of jobs can have really elaborate methods involved. You really gotta put in the time before you get a handle on things, and starting each new job is it's own challenge. As I've played this game over the years I've learned about the main components of a lot of jobs (basically everything but mechanics). I know how to heal people, clone, borg, work chemistry and telesci, build commonly needed objects, mine/process materials, security, and other common things like hacking and repairing. But SS13 always gives you more to learn, from the secret chems, to the awesome adventure-zone exploring, to super-charging the engine, and all the different objects you can craft/chem.

With all my years of playing, I feel confident in helping other players learn how to play the game, and to perform almost every job at it's most basic of functions; or if the player is a veteran, maybe there's something I know s/he doesn't? I've honed my skills enough to try out some silly gimics every now and then, along with several space/teleci adventures. The reason I am applying for mentor is to simply offer my assistance to other players and pass on any knowledge to give them a solid foothold on what they're doing. I mean, I try and help out people as much as I can (if possible, I mean you can't explain telescience or DNA-manipulation in game as easily as just pointing them to the wiki), so it wouldn't be any extra 'work' for me to help out newer (and even older) crew members. And I guess the more selfish answer would be the purple text. But I'd actually enjoy the feeling of just helping people out, too.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):
First ban was a job ban when I started playing years ago (don't remember details but most likely because I went around murdering for no reason). Over the course of a year I got 2 bans, both for being a shit-head non-traitor murderer as well. And after that I believe I was banned for borging someone after they ate my borg...other than that I can't think of any. It's been 4 or 5 times for various things. Mostly for me intentionally being a dickhead, which I've long since stopped playing like.
Wasn't Waffles Kenneth Crimer? Kenneth Crimer was an awful player who used his knowledge to do awful things... and half the time he botched them in ways that screwed others. Not sure if he's gotten better in the last couple months, I'd say no if not.
vampirate Wrote:Wasn't Waffles Kenneth Crimer? Kenneth Crimer was an awful player who used his knowledge to do awful things... and half the time he botched them in ways that screwed others. Not sure if he's gotten better in the last couple months, I'd say no if not.
Not the same person. Note that his name is not spelled waffels, but in fact spelled correctly.
Ah, what is it with kids and still thinking waffles are random? It's like the uniform name for people trying to be random.
I guess I'll have to be the first to say that I've always thought Logondo was a great player, and he deserves the purple.
While I may not run into you very often, I don't have a bad impression of you as a player. So yeah I don't see why you can't have purple and help out some dudes. hell yeah man