Mentor Application - Soy Pensi
Usual Character Name: Soy Pensi
BYOND Username: soy2
Times Available: randomly at night PST

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum):

I've been playing SS13 off and on for 7 years now since the original horribly shitty version of the game.

I know a fair bit about how some stuff works in the game. I could answer questions noobs have at least. Generally I'm just applying because I'd like to give back to ss13 in some capacity. I've donated a couple times over the years, but helping out noobs seems like more useful. I'm always amazed that there are still new players coming in after so long, and such an active player base for what is essentially a graphical mud like 10+ years after muds stopped being popular at all, would be down to try to help that keep going.

I am not all that well known, some people who have been active for a long time might remember me.

I used to be kind of a shitlord but I think I've mostly gotten that out of my system, and I don't really play drunk anymore so that probably helps. Generally now if I'm not antag I am just practicing some setup for antag that I want to try out, but not actually doing anything bad or disrupting things. Like getting my build order correct for an RTS strat, so to speak. I guess it comes from my background as a tryhard FPS player (I used to compete in tournaments for money in a few games and "practiced" 8hrs+ a day for months). There was a point where I was playing a LOT of ss13 and I got incredibly good at pvp int he game, to where I was basically unstoppable.. But that was a long time ago, mechanics have changed a lot since then.

I think I am mostly up to date on every mechanic in the game that players encounter without going off to to the weird exploration stuff, which I have not messed with at all. I generally don't like going away too far from the players because the fun for me of SS13 has always been interacting with other crew and seeing what kinda of crazy shit happens organically between people and interacting with the weird personas people have in the game (and murdering them).

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):

I have been banned multiple times, I don't have any record of the bans. Guessing 5-6 times for spans of a day to a week here and there. I'm sure it is in some log somewhere. Mostly for being a shitlord at various points, or saying some inappropriate stuff. I am sorry! I will try not to be so terrible! I don't think I have been banned in the last year.
Having been around for a while, your name rings a bell, but I certainly haven't seen enough of you lately to recommend you for mentor.
put it this way. soy has been around as long as me, and his in game name has been used longer than OMJ.
To not mentor him is a disservice to the community.
Having my own mentor application recently, I wasn't able to throw my own opinion in, buts its closed now and I can help decide on people.

I remember seeing this guy around, and he seems fairly knowledgeable in the 2d spaceman game. He'd make a good mentor IMO
a terrible fucker

yes from me