Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change/rework how Tasers/stuns effect the players
Just bumping this as I still feel tasers are still OP be it at a lesser extent then when this change was first added. As it still stands getting hit by ONE bolt from a taser still causes you to have confused movement and losing the ability to hold any item or defend yourself and with confused movement makes it almost impossable to run away. You just have to hope that the officer or antag shooting has shit aiming and can't predict the confused movement and wait till the effects to go away to either fight back or run away. Boy is that fun getting locked out of a fight that you can hardly call a fight since getting hit from one bolt means almost certain defeat. I feel it's still OP because not only do those two effects happen but it affect your stamina as well and after two bolts from a taser you are on the floor. This is why it's OP and it has made security my most played and favorite job utterly boring. You can say "Well Ed, just stop using the taser" and I say that's a lazy suggestion and two I am a security officer who likes to have as many tools at my disposal as possible. Granted Cogwerks has shorten these effects and they are much more bearable but I still feel that getting these effects from one bolt is overkill and should happen from more then one bolt. I still think this is a discussion to be had here. I still believe the old tasers where getting hit twice from a taser which would knock someone down long enough for you to cuff or kill depending on your role was was better and with none of the gimmicky effect. One of the biggest issues with stun weapons is that in the right hands it can make a person a one man army and this change seems to be in favor of that from my point of view.

It's just boring and hardly give the person on the receiving end a chance to fight back or run.
Sundance Wrote:but honestly increasing the decay/adding a cap of the confused movement and removing the dropping of items would be a satisfactory fix on all accounts.

What Sundance said here is a great idea. It's not secret that I don't like this change I'm sure that's clear but I fine with it staying as long as it can be change and reworked for the better.