AlexFactor's Mentor Application
Usual Character Name:Alex Factor

BYOND Username:LolAlexGuy

Recommended by (if applicable):Nobody

Times Available: Weekdays: Between 5 PM and 10 PM GMT+2.
Weekends/Summer: Between 2 PM and 1 AM GMT+2.

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum):
It’s been almost a year now since my friends introduced me to this game. I didn’t really know about mentorhelp nor the wiki so I just had to figure everything out myself. It was really confusing at first but then when I figured out the basic stuff I started to have fun with this insane space station simulator. I only got the full experience half a year ago because that was when I found out about and started reading the wiki. This game is really confusing when you just start out and I want to help newcomers so they wouldn’t be as confused as I was. When I watched videos about SS13 there were always comments about how "horrible" the goonstation community is and how the admins "don't like to have fun and abuse their powers". I never got those comments, because for me it was the opposite. The community is great and I can tell from the admin shenanigan rounds that admins like to have fun. I then came to the conclusion that they were probably butthurt people that got banned for breaking the rules, either that or the community USED to be terrible. I, myself have never seen an admin abuse their powers in this server. This server was also the first SS13 server I played on and is the one I am used to, thus I mostly play on this server since it's hard for me to get into other servers since they are all different from this server and I'm too used to this server. I know how there are many people that will just give up on confusing games and I want to just help them understand this game because once you know how everything works it's no longer that complicated. Heck, I almost gave up on this game if it wasn't for my friends, I would've never seen this game for what it actually is.

tl;dr: This game is really confusing to newcomers and I want to help them understand this game.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):
I once got banned (more of a kick since i was able to join back instantly if i remember right) for saying “lol” when an admin said not to
It's admirable to want to help new players who might not have a good understanding of the game. Unfortunately you don't seem to have shown any game knowledge in addition to why you wish to be a mentor. Also I don't think i've ever heard of you before.
While you may have been playing SS13 for a year, and the desire to help is admirable, the fact that you haven't been involved in the community enough to warrant registering on the forums until a less than a month ago leads me to believe that you need to stew in the people side of the server a little more before considering mentoring.
Sex_Robot Wrote:While you may have been playing SS13 for a year, and the desire to help is admirable, the fact that you haven't been involved in the community enough to warrant registering on the forums until a less than a month ago leads me to believe that you need to stew in the people side of the server a little more before considering mentoring.

I call bullshit, if he's knowledgeable and wants to apply that knowledge to helping people in game he doesn't need to be in the forums forcing posts. Only thing that matters is the game. These forums deal with mostly bugs, bans, and hypotheticals. I'd hate to see the mentor position become some kind of special club where your post count determines whether you get the job or not.

Oh and he's got my vote. While not brilliant at anything per say he's demonstrated a pretty solid knowledge of application in most jobs.

His reasons are also as pure as you could ask for.
I'm all for this guy. He's pretty cool in-game.
I played with you a few rounds yesterday and the day before and you seemed a little clueless, maybe I just caught you at bad times though