Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traitor Self-Identification
right now traitors can recognize other traitors if they're a syndieborg or wearing sunglasses. There's only a few pairs of readily accessible sunglasses on the station though and they usually get snapped up in the first few minutes of a round. this is an idea to make it easier for traitors to recognize each other without just spawning a bunch more sunglasses (which would make the flash pretty useless)

Everyone would have a 'Toggle Traitor ID' button in their commands tab. If a traitor toggles this ON, then all other traitors will see the T (or the mindslave symbol) next to their name, whether or not they're wearing sunglasses. This does not mean, however, that you, the traitor, will necessarily recognize the other traitors-- only those who also have toggled it ON.

setting it on would be a bit of a gamble. on the down side, other traitors might decide to hide their identity in order to surprise & kill you/implant you and steal all your shit. on the plus side, if you find another amenable traitor, you can team up and do even more excitingly treasonous things than you could solo.
Good idea, would also help stop traitors exchanging freedom for hunting all the other traitors with their Magical! sunglasses.

Not that we ever have that too much anymore.

smile
I like the idea.

especially since there's a risk for traitors who flag themselves and get noticed by non-flagged traitors.
Yeah, I really like this idea, especially the fact that you can only see other traitors if you indicate that you are a traitor yourself. I think that could lead to some pretty interesting cooperation, like people subtly broadcasting that they want to help or be helped.

Do you think that you'd want to see the current way completely gone? Sunglasses no longer reveal traitors? I think I have mixed feelings about removing that. I mean on the one hand, you can use it to spot traitors or cloakers and know immediately who you should be suspicious of. But on the other, it could somewhat hinder the cooperation that the new method would create. Actually, that might be a good thing, if all the traitors cooperated, then they would be practically invincible.
I think it sounds pretty cool.
I quite like Mo's idea.

And sunglasses would still be useful without the traitor identification.
thread... unruined?
I don't really like this idea, but I think it's because of my own personal veiw of how traitor should work (No teaming up, killing other traitor for an upper hand) and not for the actual mechanic itself.

One problem I do see with it is some traitor with a voice changer and multiple ID's could have his traitor icon on while 'Pubbie Mcgee" to scout for other traitors, and then turn it off when he's "George Melons". While this seems like a neat sneaky way to do it, I just think it would feel broken. If this is added it should be a one time use toggle that cannot be turned back off after it has been turned on.
I think this is a much better answer than the sunglass reveal. Traitors can already figure out who eachother are, it just sucks right now because a jerk traitor who finds sunglasses will instantly know who to murder if they want to steal more traitor gear - and any traitors without sunglasses will have no idea they've been made.

A round-start toggle to turn on a mutual reveal between anyone else with that toggle on sounds like a better answer to me. Maybe a popup yes/no when you get your objective: "Do you want other traitors to recognize you?" Y/N
Cogwerks Wrote:I think this is a much better answer than the sunglass reveal. Traitors can already figure out who eachother are, it just sucks right now because a jerk traitor who finds sunglasses will instantly know who to murder if they want to steal more traitor gear - and any traitors without sunglasses will have no idea they've been made.

A round-start toggle to turn on a mutual reveal between anyone else with that toggle on sounds like a better answer to me. Maybe a popup yes/no when you get your objective: "Do you want other traitors to recognize you?" Y/N

That sounds good, as long as you can't actively toggle it on and off.
yeah, having the option after seeing your objectives seems good. Like I'd definitely do it if I had a boring thief objective but probably wouldn't if I had an escape alone objective.