Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add telescience blocks on the mining Z-level
Zafhset Wrote:If we're talking about adding stuff from other places into the mining z-level, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the VR drones appear there - more variety, if anything.

The VR drones were added exclusively for VR. I'm not actually allowed to place them outside of VR unless there's shenanigans going down.
Marquesas Wrote:
Zafhset Wrote:If we're talking about adding stuff from other places into the mining z-level, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the VR drones appear there - more variety, if anything.

The VR drones were added exclusively for VR. I'm not actually allowed to place them outside of VR unless there's shenanigans going down.
Really? That's kind of saddening, I'd love to see more in the way of drone variety beyond the gamut we have now, and the VR drone designs are actually really, really cool. Stuff like the BR drones (for those that haven't checked out the VR, they shoot assault lasers) probably shouldn't be part of the normal line-up, granted, but there are some much tamer ones that I wouldn't mind seeing out and about.

Also, I agree that the broken clown cars should not be repairable. That's a can of the most rambunctious, malicious, chaotic worms known to man, and would probably create an epidemic worse than the guys who get the explosive shotgun rounds and annihilate everything that moves. Unless those got nerfed and I didn't notice, though the point still stands.
Marquesas Wrote:
Noah Buttes Wrote:Hide things in toilets, why do none of the toilets anywhere EVER HIDE ANYTHING!?
This is blatant lies, fyi.

I've thoroughly searched every toilet in the telesci z-level, and every one on the debris z-level.

Unless there's something I'm missing, there are currently no lootable toilets.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
Marquesas Wrote:
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:typically just end up getting a bunch of cats when you do

Due to the way it's randomized you have a pretty hefty chance of getting a Voltron.
Huh. I must be pretty unlucky, then, because I can count the number of Voltrons I've ever gotten from abandoned crates on one hand.

I just hopped on to test. The first two crates I opened (9 letter codes) had Voltrons and one of the 4 or so guess-10 crates (a crusher) I opened for funsies had a Telegun. I might just be lucky, though. Honestly, neither of these things are a draw for me, but I'm not known for nefarious deeds. When I was talking of loot chests I basically meant a straight up 'You survived? Good job! Here's your pat on the back!" crate-o-loot akin to boss/dungeon chests in RPGs.

I'll admit, the only places those seem suitable are the martian outpost and hemera, and maybe that patho-derelict. It also doesn't change the loot and leave nature of most derelicts.
Giving the mining level more toys won't change the fact that telesci will just use the teleporter to swipe anything useful. Honestly, telesci could use some more risk involved. It's supposed to be difficult, but it's really not anymore, now that outside utilities exist that let you figure out the offsets in two minutes with no effort of your own and then give you a handy coords map with the exact locations of everything.

The derelict z-level getting more powerful toys is the wrong approach, I think. There's plenty of incentive to explore there already, as it's great for secluded experimentation. The people using telesci to clean it out don't want to explore, they just want to use their position as thief gkd of the station to steal everything useful that's not nailed down.
Lots of places in the derelict-z are teleblocked. They wouldn't have access to it.

Adding things to do means making new things to do or just porting departments off-station. Some departments are already out there, obviously. In the end, you could still consider this a type of 'loot'. The basic premise is that people won't move unless they have something to gain. People obviously think that space-trekking isn't worth it for the most part. Same with VR. I'm really not sure what can be done of this.
Would it be possible to make crates have a teleport lock? If they are grabbed by a teleporter, they grind their contents? This risk would, obviously, have to come with nifty loot that'd be worth going out to grab crates by hand for. This way, you can still grab crates by teleporter, but there's a risk that you might trash some of your loot that way, and said possibly trashed loot is probably good stuff.
Marquesas Wrote:
Noah Buttes Wrote:Hide things in toilets, why do none of the toilets anywhere EVER HIDE ANYTHING!?
This is blatant lies, fyi.
Welp, time to stick my hand down every toilet in space.
Vitatroll Wrote:Lots of places in the derelict-z are teleblocked. They wouldn't have access to it.
I've done some testing on this front, and have figured out places that are and aren't teleblocked in the debris field:

- Medical ship (note that it has the necroscanner and the grenade kit, two of the more noteworthy pieces of loot in the debris field)
- The X-Drone lair (contains an easter egg and the X-Drone itself)
- Fermid hell (also contains an easter egg, and obviously fermids)
- That one asteroid with the zip gun and seven abandoned crates

Places that are teleblocked:

- The Z-Drone (pretty much no discernible loot found to date)
- Hemera (there's the obsidian crown, I think a module for the GuardBuddies, and some telecrystals)
- Martian Station (has a few abandoned crates and that one merchant guy, all of which can be acquired without physically encountering so much as a single hostile Martian. All the rest is just random knickknacks.)

The places in the debris field with the most noteworthy loot are also the places that are easiest to get into, and the places in the debris field that ARE teleblocked, while larger and more dangerous, don't have loot anywhere near as noteworthy as the stuff you can nick from other places. Hell, the Z-Drone doesn't even have any loot, period. Maybe that's what should change, really.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
Vitatroll Wrote:Lots of places in the derelict-z are teleblocked. They wouldn't have access to it.
I've done some testing on this front, and have figured out places that are and aren't teleblocked in the debris field:

- Medical ship (note that it has the necroscanner and the grenade kit, two of the more noteworthy pieces of loot in the debris field)
- The X-Drone lair (contains an easter egg and the X-Drone itself)
- Fermid hell (also contains an easter egg, and obviously fermids)
- That one asteroid with the zip gun and seven abandoned crates

Places that are teleblocked:

- The Z-Drone (pretty much no discernible loot found to date)
- Hemera (there's the obsidian crown, I think a module for the GuardBuddies, and some telecrystals)
- Martian Station (has a few abandoned crates and that one merchant guy, all of which can be acquired without physically encountering so much as a single hostile Martian. All the rest is just random knickknacks.)

The places in the debris field with the most noteworthy loot are also the places that are easiest to get into, and the places in the debris field that ARE teleblocked, while larger and more dangerous, don't have loot anywhere near as noteworthy as the stuff you can nick from other places. Hell, the Z-Drone doesn't even have any loot, period. Maybe that's what should change, really.
Actually, the martian station has some very dangerous loot in it. The first two that come to mind are the police baton and the syndicate donks. Also, the z-drone is teleblocked now for some reason? Weird.
I'm pretty sure the police baton is no longer in the martian derelict.
Vunterslaush Wrote:I'm pretty sure the police baton is no longer in the martian derelict.
You sure about that?
I could've sworn it was still there.
Unless I missed it the last few times I was there.
Bring back old mining because new mining sucks
Bring back ore seams in the asteroids at least.