Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gallows
I like the idea of a stockade, I just can't figure how you'd sprite it. Strapping a straightjacketed fellow to a chair or tabling some poor fool in is the current method. It does just fine most of the time.

Gallows? Eh. I don't see why not. I prefer more inventive ways of execution though. Ways more SS13. Like death by martian, or clown, or egg, The only reason I like the electric chair is that it can be hotwired to the engine for Maximum Fun.
While I don't think 'creepy' is the right word, I can see the reasoning there. With a stockade you get more station participation, the victim is thoroughly embarrassed, and there's a chance they can escape and swear revenge. The gallows, like the lethal injection IV bag and the electric chair to a lesser extent, is generally forgotten and only brought out when officers want to roleplay an extended torture/execution largely for their own fun, while the victim gets weirded out/bored and quits. I also think there's a kind of tonal disconnect when a new officer signs up, is told to try to detain criminals nonlethally if possible and not jump straight to killing, then walks past a murder dungeon on their way to the weapons.
Roomba Wrote:While I don't think 'creepy' is the right word, I can see the reasoning there. With a stockade you get more station participation, the victim is thoroughly embarrassed, and there's a chance they can escape and swear revenge. The gallows, like the lethal injection IV bag and the electric chair to a lesser extent, is generally forgotten and only brought out when officers want to roleplay an extended torture/execution largely for their own fun, while the victim gets weirded out/bored and quits. I also think there's a kind of tonal disconnect when a new officer signs up, is told to try to detain criminals nonlethally if possible and not jump straight to killing, then walks past a murder dungeon on their way to the weapons.
Eh, get rid of the weirdos who try to make it more than it should be, and make it have to be constructed like the electric chair so new folks don't get confused.
I like the stockade. Gallows is kind of a crass and icky canned solution in a game that has thousands of funny ways to get rid of someone. Sec really shouldn't have prebuilt execution tools, a gallows doesn't mesh with the goal of sec being basically mallcops.
Cogwerks Wrote:I like the stockade. Gallows is kind of a crass and icky canned solution in a game that has thousands of funny ways to get rid of someone. Sec really shouldn't have prebuilt execution tools, a gallows doesn't mesh with the goal of sec being basically mallcops.

A hastily-built guillotine with a sharpened sheet of metal held up by rods with a cable coil rope might be, though unsmigghh
Every thing is potentially offensive t you people, jeez!

Anyway yeah a stockade sounds alot more fun, could even set it on a timer like in the brig. smile
poland spring Wrote:
Waffles64 Wrote:What's stopping the sec from just making an electric chair to execute the prisoners?

Also, what's stopping the sec from just cuffing someone to a chair and having the crew pelt tomatoes at them?

1. Effort
2. The guy can just get loose on his own

I wouldn't mind a gallows, a place where people can be locked up (ON A TIMER, NOT A FUCKIN KEY). The sec can choose it as a punishment. Instead of brigging him, he can just lock him up for a few minutes and let the crew throw shit at him.
If sec wants to execute people publicly and isn't comfortable with the traditional sec approach of beating someone to death, they should get creative with it or ask another station department for help, rather than asking for an execution machine to be added. There are tons of options - ask chem or the catering staff to provide a lethal poison, ask medical to surgically end them, ask mechanics to make an elaborate murder machine, send them to the test chamber with a camera hat and gas them, make them breathe from internals with minimum distribution pressure, fire them out of the chapel mass driver, or hell, do any of those things but with a clown as the designated executioner so their mournful honks can give the event the dignity it deserves.
Cogwerks Wrote:I like the stockade. Gallows is kind of a crass and icky canned solution in a game that has thousands of funny ways to get rid of someone. Sec really shouldn't have prebuilt execution tools, a gallows doesn't mesh with the goal of sec being basically mallcops.

But how else will our comedy troupe of redshirts be able to properly employ our gallows humour routine?
Could possibly merge the stocks and murderiser into some sort of space age stocks that lock the person in round the neck, which when emagged (or fucked with) will slice their head off when the timer runs out. May be a bit much though for something that may not see much use.