Poll: How much admin fuckery do you like to see?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Every round
7.72%
20 7.72%
Most rounds
24.71%
64 24.71%
Some rounds
54.44%
141 54.44%
Few rounds
11.97%
31 11.97%
Never
1.16%
3 1.16%
Total 259 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Admins Messing With Rounds - Please Vote
Even admins need moderation.
I don't think it matters how much admin fuckery there is, it's what kind of fuckery it is. I'm sure most people here on the server enjoy when admins get creative with adding or doing silly gimmicks to make a round more interesting. But when a admin decides to destroy the station by pressing every single button there is (Including that annoying fucking body switcher button) that's when where the line needs to be drawn. I remember when I first played this game there would be a occasional badmin round. Those rounds were out of the ordinary and unique and made them really fun to play in and see. But now it seems like when there is a badmin round the station just turns into a messed up laggy mess that no one can really enjoy. So my point here is that I would like to just see a bit more creativity coming from the admins when they decide to mess with a round instead of just smashing every button they have.
I think mild but frequent fuckery is the best. Leaning on every 'kill everyone, lag everything' button is old hat.

Make five AIs, or auto-remove everyone's legs and give everyone rideable cats, or make people antags with round-specific goals, or populate a critter zoo, or hold contests. That's (mostly) benign adminfuckery that I like to see.
Yeah subtle, wacky and creative balls to the wall admin fuckery is what I have in mind. Or just picking a person at random and giving him a one of a kind mission are some of the things I enjoy the most out of admins.
Ed Venture Wrote:Yeah subtle, wacky and creative balls to the wall admin fuckery is what I have in mind. Or just picking a person at random and giving him a one of a kind mission are some of the things I enjoy the most out of admins.
And the one of a kind mission doesn't have to be deadly or crazy or traitorous at all. One of my favorite rounds I had recently was when I spawned in as an engineer with no objectives, so I did a /pray for an objective. Some admin told me to start the engine...with no fire whatsoever. We tried everything from pyrosium on the pipes to space heaters filling the hot loop. We actually managed to get it to spike to 1 MW at one point, but it stayed dormant the entire rest of the round. The station didn't suffer, we set up solars ahead of time, but it just couldn't be done with what we had. It was still amazingly fun to work at though.
I love badmin rounds just as much as the next spaceman. Just keep the gimmicks simple and isolated to minimize collateral damage and let the players make their own fun with it. This is a good example.

That said, the occasional round where half of the station is disintegrated because a maybe-drunk admin's finger "slipped" is a staple of the game. I want to ride the adminbus again some day. frown
I like admin fuckery and never really get tired of it. Sure, it's nice to have a normal round sometimes too, but I guess I'm a "reactive" player - the joy of this game for me is participating in whatever's happening and seeing how everyone else acts and reacts around it. I rarely have ambitious serious spaceman plans that would reduce me to tears when a chorus of patriotic Micro Men rampage through my department singing the Soviet national anthem in tiny squeaky voices. Especially with antagonist tokens being a thing now - definitely a great feature, though I've never needed one - I have no problems with admin shenanigans.

Part of the fun is definitely in the rarity of it, though, so I'm going with the middle option!!
Like how others have said, the reason I love goonstation is because of all the crazy shenanigans that admins can come up with. Most of my favorite rounds have been ones wheres admins did something. As long as it gives any round something different from regular rounds I'm fine with admins doing whatever.

One of my favorite rounds was when the Grandmapocalypse happened and we had to bake the grandmas cookies to please them. Eventually the station was eaten by a terrifying grandmother.
I remember one time the round was nearly over, and I kept shoving a visible admin ghost. After about 3 minutes of my shove-match, I was grabbed and slammed against the outer area of the shuttle docking space about 5 times. I was very surprised when I got a antag token.

I really like admin tomfoolery, but it gains with it's rarity. Middle option!
I first joined goonstation because of adminbus.

While I probably wouldn't want to see it every round, there's something magical about a Machoman or an admin short bus making the round go wildly off track.
I'm okay with driving the adminbus as long as it provides players with agency.

Also avoids lag. Sometimes "lol buttons" can be acceptable, but it's no good if it renders the round physically unplayable.

My 2 cents.
Some of my fondest memories are of admin gimmicks.

As for opinion, Id say I like right in the middle. I don't like rounds to be the same over and over...

...But I sometimes just want to do regular stuff.

Very fond memories of blowouts, cosmic disasters, the time the station turned into the icemoon and that WWI reenactment (basically I approve of adminery on a grand scale).
Fishanchips Wrote:Some of my fondest memories are of admin gimmicks.

As for opinion, Id say I like right in the middle. I don't like rounds to be the same over and over...

...But I sometimes just want to do regular stuff.

Very fond memories of blowouts, cosmic disasters, the time the station turned into the icemoon and that WWI reenactment (basically I approve of adminery on a grand scale).

I fucking MISS blowouts with a passion.
I like blowouts a lot, it's nice seeing old-timers hurriedly shoving new players in to maint and screaming a lot.
Wonkmin Wrote:I seemed to be the only admin that loved blowouts frown

I loved blowouts too frown Even as a player. Being crammed into maintenance with a bunch of sketchy characters was incredibly tense.