Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows migrating past the top border of the screen
Most prominently seen with the trait window and chem dispenser window, the two have a really bad habit of, as the thread title says, popping up beyond the top border of the screen. Since you need to click on the top of the window in order to actually move the window, this means that the window's basically stuck there unless you restart the client. If you resize the chem dispenser window by clicking on one of the corners, it'll snap back onto the screen, but since the trait window can't be resized, it's stuck there until I restart.

For the record, I'm running Windows 7 and have the unorthodox screen resolution of 1366x768.
Forgot screenshots, whoops.

Exhibit A:
[Image: MD7u4G6.png]

Exhibit B:
[Image: 699xdvU.png]
If this can be fixed then that'd be grand. I've always assumed it was due to my screen resolution and that's probably correct since I am also running with 1366x768. Laptop, ho!
I have a laptop with the same resolution and this does not happen to me, only i'm a windows 10. Perhaps its time for an upgrade? (dont)
This problem can also be fixed with Cascade Windows. Right click your click and select that option from the menu, it resizes and moves all windows so that they fit on the screen again.
Actually i need to correct myself, as I too have this issue
This is a BYOND issue or even a Windows issue, one we have little control over. I know because I've been affected by this for a while and tried to come up with solutions but effectively the compromise is making said windows tiny.

All I can say is, if you resize the window in any way, a single pixel long bar will pop into view at the top of the screen allowing you to move it.
It's worth mentioning that my UI reskin project (see: the changelog) shouldn't be affected by this bug.
I've run into the error a long time back. The solution I figured out if it was a window I couldn't resize was as follows.

Select the window. Press Alt, then enter. Use the arrow keys to select move, then use the arrow keys to reposition the window.
Yep, I get this too with the traits window.

[Image: Fw4Kffx.png]
So I just ran into this just now when I tried to change my traits. I could not ready up and missed the round start and I was stuck with the traits I no longer wanted. Since I have the trait that makes death permanent this is kinda a big issue. Hopefully we get a fix soon and the thread does not die like the client crashing thread and the issue never gets resolved

Grayshift Wrote:I've run into the error a long time back. The solution I figured out if it was a window I couldn't resize was as follows.

Select the window. Press Alt, then enter. Use the arrow keys to select move, then use the arrow keys to reposition the window.

This did not work for me as I did not get a response out of the trait window
Ed Venture Wrote:Hopefully we get a fix soon and the thread does not die like the client crashing thread and the issue never gets resolved

Or you could read the client crashing thread and realize that we don't have a solid fix for that and no current leads, which is why it isn't resolved, as opposed to your suggestion that we simply ignored it and let the thread die because we are petty children.

Or you could even read Marqesas' post in this thread and realize that it's a byond bug that we don't have a lot of control over, and that any fixes will come accidentally or as a result of the popup reskin project which will take a long, long time.

Basically what I'm saying is that you could read things instead of being a dick.
Wire Wrote:
Ed Venture Wrote:Hopefully we get a fix soon and the thread does not die like the client crashing thread and the issue never gets resolved

Or you could read the client crashing thread and realize that we don't have a solid fix for that and no current leads, which is why it isn't resolved, as opposed to your suggestion that we simply ignored it and let the thread die because we are petty children.

Or you could even read Marqesas' post in this thread and realize that it's a byond bug that we don't have a lot of control over, and that any fixes will come accidentally or as a result of the popup reskin project which will take a long, long time.

Basically what I'm saying is that you could read things instead of being a dick.

I have read that thread (cause I've been posting in it alot) and this thread cause I was told there was fix in this thread for the issue by an admin playing at the time. I apologize for the rude comment last night was frustrating and was no means a excuse to be a dick about it. Maybe the window should have a button that saves your choices and then closes the window. Until then I'm stuck with perma-death.
I just checked and the method I posted does work with the Traits popup.

Hit and release alt, then hit and release enter, it's not Alt+Enter.
This bug is still happening and I cannot fix it with the alt and then enter method.