Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for 1-2 New Players (Goon-Hammer40k)
Hi this is FishDance or Fisk or whatever else people call me, I'm gonna be running the next installment of the ever unpopular goon-erific RPG Tabletop series. We've played GoonDungeon, GoonDungeon 2, and GoonTrader, the first two having been entirely homebrew systems, and the latter being a delve into the WH40K universe using the Rogue Trader system. We've recently ended GoonTrader and are moving on to another GoonHammer campaign, this one utilizing the Only War system, alongside several homebrew elements that I'll be keeping track of in a separate document. We've recently lost two of our players due to the horror that is the "College Dissertation," as well as another personal reason, leaving us with only 5 current players, which is fine on it's own, but I think I'm able to GM for 7 people, and it's always nice to have a nice diverse cast, so I'm posting this in the event that anyone is interested and wants to join.

As for the materials and general feel of the campaign, you don't need to have any books or prior knowledge of the OW system or even of WH40k to join. I'm sure that I, as well as the other denizens of the campaign will be glad to help anyone else out with anything from the basics of gameplay to random lore bits and bobs. We play the game on Roll20, a website which, so far, has been pretty good at doing everything we want to do, it's free, so feel free to check it out even if you don't want to play. As for the campaign itself, GoonHammer, like the campaigns before it, won't focus on being super serious and ultra RP. Usually it's very similar to SS13 in that the players will get a spaceship, then fuck off into space pissing off whoever they feel like messing with or stealing from. It should be mentioned that this campaign utilizes goon assets both for the maps and character sprites, as well as for story elements. Fighting a station sized space-goose, for example, would not be something that's off the table. For an example of what I mean by using "Goon Assets" here's a link to one of the many maps I have made for the campaign so far. http://i.imgur.com/TR35dX4.png

If you are afraid of being a new player in a campaign of veterans, don't be! The people we've currently got in our roster are Valterak Balmue/PlainInsane, Elder Muffin/Bologna Prime, Steve Dyssal/ClassyD, David Bailey/David2222121, Austin Feufer/SgtBriar, and I, Dr. Fisk/FishDance as the GM. Of those people, 4 of them have been in all of the campaigns, and one only joined during the GoonTrader era, and he's already well integrated into the group. We use skype to groupchat and plan stuff, so you should probably have that if you want to join the campaign.

As far as important info goes, we meet on Sundays at 15:00/3:00pm PST, if we did have any kind of rules, it would probably be similar to the IRC/game rules, IE, don't be a dick, don't be needlessly profane, etc. However, we don't really have any rules other than respect the other players and the GM. Actually now that I think about it "respect" probably isn't the right word, but whatever. So yeah, feel free to drop a post in here if you're interested, and we'd be glad to see you in our game. PLEASE NOTE: If you are being dickish, rude, or hard to work with, to either the GM, or to the other players, we reserve the right to boot ya. This has NEVER happened before, and I would like it to continue to never happen, but there's always a possibility so I gotta notarize it in here.

Tl;Dr: There's a Goon-Flavoured WH40K:OW campaign, we have room for more people, we meet on Sundays at 15:00/3:00pm PST. Post in here if you wanna join.
Since my mates don't play DH anymore, I guess I can just port my Guardsman into it.

Will need the core rulebook though.
A4Brogan Wrote:Will need the core rulebook though.
We're gonna be supplying all the books and sources we'll be using on a google drive, which will also be used to store character sheets, so don't worry about that. Also for future reference, if you guys wanna post a skype info so Ic an invite you guys to the group chat or something that'd be cool.
A4Brogan Wrote:Since my mates don't play DH anymore, I guess I can just port my Guardsman into it.

Will need the core rulebook though.
I feel I should elaborate, this isn't a standard Only War campaign at all, we're just using it as a base for our own purposes. We won't be soldier men, we will be goons.
Sounds like fun, my skype is shadowofaman.
And here I was hoping we would somehow play the tabletop. Ive been building a 7th edition Necron army recently.
So it looks like we've gotten two players, so admissions into the campaign are gonna be closed for now. If this post is at the top of the list again and you wanted to get in the first time, check again! Maybe we have a new slot open, though I probably wouldn't expect to get in for a while, sorry!