Zae4398's mentor application
Usual Character Name: Aidan Reid
BYOND Username:Zae4398
Recommended by (if applicable):
Times Available: Most of the time 4pm to 10pm

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): I've spent an overwhelming amount of time playing this game. I mean I really wouldn't even want to know the exact number. I started playing in Donut if I'm correct, under the alias Johnny Costello. Admittedly I was a terrible player. I enjoyed toolboxing random people because it was funny. I had no conception of any rules and ended up brigged or beaten every round. Eventually I learned the ropes, with the help of a few bans admittedly, and now I believe that I'm a very knowledgeable player, even in the light of the recent changes. After being able to come back to the station, which was I believe over a year and a half ago, I have since learned that being shit is not good, partly because I don't enjoy having it done to me. So with this revelation, I began to try to become a better player, and in the process I've accrued quite a bit of knowledge about the interworkings of SS13. I absolutely love learning new mechanics behind the game, the more complex the better, and I believe that being in a position where I can teach others those same mechanics that I slaved over would be a very good for both myself and the player in question. Most of the 'eldritch' knowledge, or the closely kept secrets, are still a mystery to me, but that doesn't disqualify me from being a knowledgeable player on other fronts. I've had some experience with all of the station roles and tend to focus on research, medicine, or engineering. Even though these systems have changed considerably recently, I'm striving to update my knowledge along with the changing game. Since my intervention of sorts, I've striven to become a much better player, and I believe I've come a long way on that front. However, I don't have much experience with antagonistic roles, possibly because of my sheer unluckiness, but I know enough to be able to assist new players. Ultimately I believe that my age-old history of shittiness is no more, and through my extensive experience on the station, I can be a great asset to both the mentoring community as well as the station itself.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): I was temp-banned from donut if I'm not mistaken, and was permabanned from mushroom for being "shit." There may be more occasions between those two events, but none since that I can recall.(This was over a year and a half ago)
I've seen Aiden Reid playing lately. He does seem like a knowledgeable player. smile
Jesus, I remember Aidan Reid from forever ago. I figured you had just quit at some point since I don't recall you ever being a shitter (in all honesty standards were far lower back then) so the ban sort of surprises me.

Tentative yes from me only because I haven't seen you around recently, though that may be due to differing timezones.