Mentor Application - Zebri
Usual Character Name: Malachi Lecter
BYOND Username: Zebri
Recommended by (if applicable): none
Times Available: approx. 10 GMT - 21 GMT, On mondays 18 - 21 GMT

Reason for Application + Game Experience:

I consider myself to have sufficient knowledge about this game that i have gathered in around 2,5 years of playing. I've become proficient and familiar with the jobs on the station,
specifically science, which is why i play as the RD most of the time nowadays.
Over that time i of course had antagonist roles which i always try to play to their fullest extent, from gimmicks to plain murdering.
I've found that assuming a helpful role for players, teaching them basics as well advanced mechanics
is enjoyable for me, because i'm doing somebody a favor. I've also found myself able of answering specific questions from players about in-depth aspects of the game, since i also like to spend
my deadchat time answering questions!

My discovery of Space Station 13 happened in mid 2013. I picked it up a bit in 2012 but dropped it until 2013.
Then, with only dark memories of SS13, joined the big, scary Goonstation as a new player. A few confusing rounds later, i got
the hang of the basics. It was pure chaos. I adapted a random generated name as a static name,
Malachi Hanford. Not having read the rules, i was a rampant pubbie that was inevitably going to mess up.
My horrible behaviour i portrayed back then eventually earned me a 3 day ban in April 2014.
I'll go in detail about that in the Previous Bans section.
I started discovering the chemistry system. Being a chemistry fan in real life, i played Scientist
regularily for a long time.
That's when i adopted my current name, Malachi Lecter because i liked it more. cool
Learning about chemistry, artifacts and later on telescience, i've started playing as the
Research Director more commonly, getting familiar with DWAINE, the ChemiCompiler and the secrets of chemistry and telescience.
As the RD i started discovering that i enjoy helping people out on their jobs. As an example, i like doing
telescience expeditions with people, showing them new things, tricks on how to get around and survive or just simpler things like
hooking them up with our wiki when they don't know where to start with chemistry.
I also played different jobs for a while, there was a long period of me as a CE which i recently picked up again,
where i got very familiar with the stations' anatomy and the engine. Engine-wise i carried over
my knowledge from toxins, giving Engineers struggling to set up the engine efficiently tips on the different gases and their uses.
During that long time i've also learned a lot about my interaction with other players.
The most important thing I've adopted in my time is the main philosophy that my personal goals don't take priority over other
players' fun. In better terms, don't have fun at the expense of other players.
I also have developed a "round awareness", i have an idea of what is going on during a round, who the antagonists
are, how many heads are still alive and similar informations. With my willingness to help new players, my knowledge about the game and my passion to pass on
knowledge, i'd like to apply as a Mentor.

Previous Bans:

There has been 2 things:
The first one was the 3-day ban i mentioned. It happened in April 2014. And i'm going to get to the point: my behaviour was horrible right there.
I wanted to heckle somebody and burst into their office, it involved a roboticist and a geneticist.
I harrassed the geneticist by throwing his lab equipment around and after he threw me out, i started choking a braindead
Roboticist out to take his ID.
That was an awful act. I wish i could undo it, but it happened.
Here is the log by Wonkmin for reference: http://pastebin.com/FuWzSD1G
At this point i'd like to apologise to Superbillybob and PyroShifter.
After this ban, having finally read the rules, i changed as a player. I've stopped being shit,
and that's why i'm actually grateful for that ban.

The other instance was me splashing a beaker of acid on a scientist on a low-pop server for a reason i unfortunately
can't remember. But i must have been wrong to do so because that ended up with me getting job banned from
Research on that particular server. It was a slip-up on my side and i'd be interested if there's a log of what happened.

This is some dirt on my history, i admit. However, i drastically changed my player mentality over the course of this time.
To be honest, i can't recognize myself as the player who did these 2 things speaking from today's perception and in the future such things will never happen, just as they did not happen in the past from that
point on!

That is my application for Mentorship, so let's hear your opinions and impressions after having played with me!
Malachi knows the game and is very helpful too. Yes
Yes, purple material.
Malachi Lecter is a good 'un.
I've had some experience working beside him, and he's very knowledgeable and a good crewman.
Malachi is good, helpful crewman who knows his stuff.

A firm yes from me.
Oh, hey, I've seen this guy and he knows what he's doing, give him the purpletext.
Great player, has a lot of knowledge about chemistry, and other aspects of the game! Would totally be a great addition for mentorship.
My thought on seeing this was

"Malachai Lecter isn't a mentor? Huh. They should be."

You seem knowledgable and I remember you from rounds past as a decent player.

A yes from me.
Yes, very knowledgeable and a nice person to play with.
absolutely!!!!!
A knowledgeable and cordial fellow, two essential qualities in a mentor. This gets my vote.
Though you were already a mentor. Anyways, aye! Friendly guy. Good peoples he is. Knows his stuff to boot.
Lecter is a good, friendly and knowledgeable person. Absolutely!