Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI Can't see law changes while in shell
:!:
Makes sense to me. The laws are uploaded to the mainframe, and the shell is a total download of the AI's consciousness. You're uploading a law to an empty computer.
It makes sense but it can cause problems by being in a shell while you're a bad AI but then being reset. You'd literally have no idea unless you checked for some reason
well in this instance the AI had a law to deploy to shell and push people into a rogue singularity and didn't realize it was reset until someone beat its shell to death.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:Makes sense to me. The laws are uploaded to the mainframe, and the shell is a total download of the AI's consciousness. You're uploading a law to an empty computer.

I've always thought the AI is commanding the shells remotely and is still in the mainframe.
Timelimit Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:Makes sense to me. The laws are uploaded to the mainframe, and the shell is a total download of the AI's consciousness. You're uploading a law to an empty computer.

I've always thought the AI is commanding the shells remotely and is still in the mainframe.
Look at the screens. It goes blank, as if the ai were dead. Also, you can't hear/see things your mainframe can see/hear, including your intercoms.
I like the idea that the shell doesn't get the upload, but if that is how the coders proceed, it'd be nice if the law update comes through the very second you return to the mainframe (assuming it doesn't already).