Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave's Gofundme Emergency
Hey guys, I've got a nasty situation here and I feel desperate enough to ask for help. Our power company, Duke Energy, has charged us with a couple of large bills (284 today and 284 on the 6th-8th, the time isn't really clear) to a total of 566 that we can't even begin to wrap our heads around how to pay. We've always barely scraped by on the bill as it is with just one. They've told us that if we can't manage to pay the first bill, it'll be disconnected August 4th (i.e. tomorrow). I feel like a big butt for resorting to asking for donations, but it's looking pretty bad and I'm not sure how we can get enough. We really don't want the power disconnected right now, because we have two kids here and there isn't really anywhere else for them to go. This is Florida, so it can get dangerously hot for kids without air conditioning.

I know this might be asking for too much, but we're pretty much out of options and we'd be HUGELY thankful to anyone who can manage to put something in. Really, thanks a ton to the people who have donated already!

http://www.gofundme.com/c43bwqyf3b
I should probably mention that I got permission from ISaidNo to put this thread up, hopefully this won't get removed.
Dave's a good guy and we all basically had to hassle him into asking. If you're in a position to help out and do, thank you smile If you can't that's cool too smile
There's an option to submit the donation anonymously by the way, if anyone was hesitant about that. If anyone would prefer to donate via paypal, you can do that also at
Hey guys, I posted an update that explains things a little bit more, but thanks to your help we managed to get enough. I don't really think there's anything I could say that would convey how grateful I am for this. I was really hesitant to ask for money for something like this because it felt too personal, especially since we've had a few gofundmes here already, but desperation is a big push when we had so little time. Thanks to everyone in this terrible 2d spaceman game.