Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Longer Rounds?
Democracy wins again!
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
Ed Venture Wrote:
Sex_Robot Wrote:You're talking about it like it's some sort of watergate scandal. Jfc people.

Are some people in favor of longer round: Certainly
Are some people in favor of shorter rounds: Vocally

Now I say this with all the love in the world but considering the supposed dire state of the code, the inherent difficulty in altering and adding to it and the fact that most of the coders have very little free time to make and deploy the changes in the first place. I get the feeling that they don't really get a chance to plan for the extended effects of changes or additions made to the game. Including overarching effects to game length and metagame elements.

What admin is Richard Nixon?
The mysterious unnamed admin that apparently keeps confirming that they're trying to push for longer rounds but nobody can remember who exactly they are. That's some illuminati shit.

But in all honesty, I think a lot of this is a long, extended kneejerk to being told "Hey, shitheads, don't call the shuttle just because the round has been going on for a while, that's both metagamey and can screw over more intricate traitory plans and gimmicks. There's lots of ways to entertain yourself, or you could just hop to one of our other servers and go from there."

I really hope you know that the Richard Nixon comment was a joke
I realized, which is why I responded with a joke.
Here's the real question with all of this: If none or very few of the admins were pushing for longer rounds, then how did the seeming consensus spread to the players that the admins were pushing for longer rounds?

I personally got the idea from the aforementioned OOC comment made after the Changeling acid spit nerf, and had it reinforced by the admin complaint thread over the shuttle calling.
Mageziya Wrote:Here's the real question with all of this: If none or very few of the admins were pushing for longer rounds, then how did the seeming consensus spread to the players that the admins were pushing for longer rounds?

I personally got the idea from the aforementioned OOC comment made after the Changeling acid spit nerf, and had it reinforced by the admin complaint thread over the shuttle calling.

I think we were conversing over how many changes were gonna be made to make longer rounds. The admins say few, but the ones that were made were drastic and we say everything because we don't know dick. It should be fine now since several admins have said in this thread that round length should be left up to players.
The bit about nerfs is something I didn't understand, but I only tend to pay attention to things like buttvalves, crayons, or dolls action figures, so I just avoided the subject.

I came to the conclusion that mins wanted longer rounds because some didn't like people calling at 60. It was my mistake to forget the mins were human and maybe had divided feelings on the subject. I mean, I've never been called on it before, and I tend to call at 50-60 unless something fun is going on. Well, everybody loves me so it's only natural that I get special treatment. It's catching on!
Ed Venture Wrote:What admin is Hitler?
Sex_Robot Wrote:
Ed Venture Wrote:What admin is Hitler?
It's
me

[Image: giphy.gif]
I made a round last -at least- 65 minutes longer than it should have by recalling the shuttle repeatedly as an antag today. Smuggo
Maybe that respawn command could be used if someone dies inn the first 3-5 minutes of their game
zibbazabba905 Wrote:Maybe that respawn command could be used if someone dies inn the first 3-5 minutes of their game
60 seconds, and only if they don't suicide.
Noah Buttes Wrote:60 seconds, and only if they suicide.

fixed that. why the hell would you want someone that got killed by a really quick traitor to just respawn in with the ability to go 'HEY EVERYBODY HERE'S WHO DID IT'
That's kinda just a terrible idea. Fuck that.
CaptainBravo Wrote:
Noah Buttes Wrote:60 seconds, and only if they suicide.

fixed that. why the hell would you want someone that got killed by a really quick traitor to just respawn in with the ability to go 'HEY EVERYBODY HERE'S WHO DID IT'
That's actually what I meant to write, thanks.
well there is always the old Paranoia style clone packs of 5. basically everyone would already be backed up in the cloner so muderers would have to delete their targets before silencing them. it would make murder a bit harder and give some sort of trail for people to follow for actual detective work. plus it would make the cloner a bigger target. It would make rounds more interesting as well as deter people from murdering their target 5 minutes into a round as they will most likely just get cloned.