Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annoying beeping gas detector (atmos analyzer revamp)
In real life, people working around hazardous gases rely on annoying beeping devices to detect low oxygen, high CO2, etc. I think that the atmos analyzer and any PDA versions thereof should be retooled so that you can set it up to alarm if it detects a hazardous atmosphere. Thus allowing CO2 detection especially, for the paranoid. Also would alert you as to stuff going wrong with the air if you were wearing internals and wouldn't notice it the hard way.

http://www.safelincs.co.uk/gas-alert-micro-clip-xt/ This is a typical unit in real life.
So, add an interface to atmos analyzers or maybe an advanced version?

You could configure min and Max concentrations of each gas, and turn the alarm on. Whenever local conditions are lower or higher than the min or Max, it'd beep at you.

If an advance analyzer were made, you could give it the ability to show the molarity of scanned gasses too. Useful for toxins.
making the analyzer into a valuable warning device rather than that thing in i always just leave in the toolbox, sounds like its worth a try
I think it would be kinda cool if the Analyzer also could work as a geiger counter and detect the presence of foreign microbes (this area has diseases nearby)

Most people just throw it away so giving it the ability to tell you if a room is deadly in general wouldn't be a terrible way to go. Of course if it's a unworkable suggestion feel free to scrap it.

Also for a fun craftable item, perhaps wire + analyzer + hard hat = SOMEWHAT SAFER HELMET

This helmet literally consists of a analyzer hastily attached to a hard hat. It's supposed to beep when you walk into bad places.
Emagging it should CONSTANTLY BEEP AND TELL YOU THAT EVERY ROOM IS DANGEROUS ALSO DID WE MENTION THIS ROOM IS DANGEROUS FOR YOUR HEALTH BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
I'm putting the old atmos alarms back onto cogmap2. Hopefully they run nicer now.
Zadeon Wrote:Emagging it should CONSTANTLY BEEP AND TELL YOU THAT EVERY ROOM IS DANGEROUS ALSO DID WE MENTION THIS ROOM IS DANGEROUS FOR YOUR HEALTH BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
Please.