Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autopsies
A little bit ago I posted a thread called better examination and after a bit. I decided someone should be able to preform autopsies, and that there should be a specific job for that. So here is what they should be and what they are able to do.

Location-
They should be located in the hallway between robotics and geneticis, my reason for this is because there is a morgue thats never used there and fresh bodies come flowing through there like water.

Alternitavley, could also place it in the secret power control room.

Equipment-
They should have access to some sort of advanced crew manifest that reveals phycsical aspects of the person that has been recentley deceased.

A surgical table with tools fitted for this line of work. (scissors, scalpels, tongs. etc)

Useless splat mask. (unless the holy space admins implement diesase)

Latex gloves

Last but not least there outfit and ID's

Abilities-
The only people who can preform autopsies.

Probably the best torturers in the world.

Access to genetics and chapel morgues, medbay and mass eject.

Occasionly get affected by ducky syndrome in which they spout medieval facts in a british accent .

Traitor Items.

All of the standard except maybe a syringe gun.

The only reason they dont need class specific things is because they (if stealthy) can kill people mess around with the evidence, and fram others fairly simply. If they go tank then they go tank and not much to it. A syringe gun of monkey dna would be a related thing they could use maybe four units of that would be fair
So you want a new job, not just something that can be done, right? If that's the case, it would be called a Coroner or something. I think that making a dedicated job for this is useless, if something like this were to be included, then medics should just have access.

Also, suggesting a new room is almost useless since we will be switching to Cogmap sometime in the future and there is a room in medical that is more or less exactly like how you described. Except it's not near the morgue.

Other than listing equipment and things, you didn't really say how performing autopsies would be useful. I mean, you can already tell everything you need to tell with a health analyzer or a forensic scanner like security PDAs have. How would knowing that someone was killed with an air tank or fire extinguisher benefit anyone? It would hardly help security catch them.
I actually think moving the morgue closer to medbay and allowing the detective to do autopsies there is a good idea. Mostly because if detective wants they can play crime solver.

Perhaps if it was possible to figure out the identity of changelings with autopsies, that might make it a bit more useful.
I think I'll add some tools and a detective-access maint door to my morgue.

edit: FORENSICS TOOLS, not torture tools
What is it about people and torture?
Thematically it would be more fitting to have Medical Doctors be the ones with access to perform autopsies. They are, after all, the ones who know how and what to look for. although I understand mechanics-wise it would make more sense to cut the middle man and have Detectives perform autopsies.
After some slight changes for newmap:

Morgue, next to robotics and genetics:
[Image: SnzXJtx.png]

Has direct chute access back and forth with the chapel's crematorium at the other side of the station:
[Image: deCbNIV.png]

The red doors are for Detective IDs.
Anticheese Wrote:What is it about people and torture?

What? How do any of these suggestions even mention torture?
On the topic of autopsies, can we make blood a useful piece of evidence?

I can only scan the blood DNA on something, but not find out who's it is.

The extent of my ability to inquire about this evidence is asking a suspected killers blood type.

I think it would be cool if we could have Luminol ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminol )

As a blood revealing spray, and also have more in depth crew records, so to be stealthy in killing antagonist's would have to make Very sure to dispose of the body.

In the records please add blood DNA strings.

Detective is already one of my favorite jobs, i'd probably play it way more often if i could actually crack cases with enough work.
8-)
Shoddy Wrote:I think it would be cool if we could have Luminol ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminol )

As a blood revealing spray

That actually was a thing on Donut and is a thing on Muncher now again
Luminol already exists in game. Spray around and it'll reveal washed-off blood stains. Not that anyone ever bothers cleaning up a crime scene...
Cogwerks Wrote:Luminol already exists in game. Spray around and it'll reveal washed-off blood stains. Not that anyone ever bothers cleaning up a crime scene...

people are too busy gibbing Jack Wrongplaceatthewrongtime because he knocked Jimmy Poo unconscious for beating up Pubbie McGriff who shoved down the chaplain and farted on him to bother with cleaning.

side note: can Roboticists body snatch from that medbay morgue? nobody will ever actually store bodies in the morgue, as usual, but it would be nice
Cogwerks Wrote:Luminol already exists in game. Spray around and it'll reveal washed-off blood stains. Not that anyone ever bothers cleaning up a crime scene...

Maybe one day the Janitors will do their actual job. A person can dream.....
Janitors usually do. It's more that people usually don't have any need or desire to clean up blood splatters after doing a crime. Who's gonna care? Oh good, another blood-soaked room. It'll get a "huh" at best.
Yeah the janitors cannot really be blamed for anything other than mopping in front of security. Though that is funny