Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silly antag-mimicing arcade rewards
More of em, anyways.

Probiscuits

A pack of tasty slender long biscuits that come in a package that slides open in compartments for easy preservation of freshness. Pretty great and fun.
Opening the package displays the message "X extends a probiscuit!" (where X is the person doing it and the entire message is formatted to look exactly like a proboscis changeling message)

..and if you are in harm intent and use a probiscuit on someone, it displays the message "X stabs T with the probiscuit!" (where x is the person doing it and T is the person being used on.)
.. and if you're T, it displays "You feel a sharp stabbing pain!"

--

Space flash paper

A sheaf of capsules on wax paper. Each capsule is an expendable use of extra robust flashpaper. Holding the capsule in your hand and 'shooting' it at a target in range will cause you to fire a fake fireball at the target. Great for parties and magic tricks!

-----

Flaash

The Flaash is a toy to help keep track of a team based game, originally "Tag!", and looks suspiciously identical to one of the flashes that security use. A close examination reveals its plastic and mass manufactured nature, however.
When you win this from the arcade, it spawns in a box along with a reversible electronics-enhanced beanie hat. Using it in hand will switch it between blue and red.
Wearing the hat puts you on that colour's team, and using a Flaash on a member of the other colour's team will play the flash sound and knock the target over for a few seconds.
Using it on someone not wearing the hat will only play the flash sound, however, and not knock them over.
Ideally you'd use this with friends to formulate your own game, and while designed for playing tag, you can certainly come up with your own fun uses.

Also look for bundles containing Lazer gun instead of Flaash. These are rare, and fire a lazerbeam coloured based on the Flaash beenie colour you're wearing, looks like a laser gun and makes an authentic sound, but does nothing besides knock over opposing team members like the Flaash and make a neat light show.

----

Toy Bat Swarm

Love RC cars and planes, and ever wanted to spook your crew members? Well now you can!
Winning this from the arcade presents you with a box, containing a remote control and a deployable bat canister.
This realistic rubberized set of four bats will fly in unison when you deploy them from the canister, leaving you with the empty canister and the bats hovering in midair.
You can then activate the control to pilot the bats around, and click on people to make realistic bat squeaking action and fake attack messages.
Laugh and gloat as they run for cover, then go recapture your bat drones in the handy dandy canister for nice and easy storage.

Note: If someone ever lasers or bashes them to death in a panic, you can bug an electrician or take some time out to use some tools and wire and a soldering iron to patch them up good as new.
X binds T with the flaash.

etc.
Toy Bat Swarm is probably the best.
oh god yes, how about ID Decals? things you can stick on top of your ID to make it look like an emag, or an captain ID!
ErikHanson Wrote:oh god yes, how about ID Decals? things you can stick on top of your ID to make it look like an emag, or an captain ID!
Perfect. It'd make it look like one but examine would show its only a sticker.
you can already make a little mischief if you find spaceman card game cards with traitor gear names

being able to build a toy crossbow out of office supplies that looks suspiciously like a radbow would be cute. it could shoot pens and markers and crayons for ammo

perhaps it could even shoot sleepypens

capguns that look a lot like regular guns but have a little bit of orange pixels at their muzzles, too
I feel like an office supply crossbow fight will end up with someone needing an orange crayon removed from their chest. And it won't even be antags, it will be someone who wanted to challenge someone else to a crossbow fight.
You say that as if it is a bad thing.
This reminds me of the one time I was a captain earlier in my SS13 career and I saw a staff assistant running around with a C-saber and he hit someone so I shot him to death on sight. Only to be told it was a toy. I had no ideas these existed at the time.

So, in short. Yes, we need more stupid things to get people killed.
Back in the old days people would custom emote acid spit and I'd shoot them to death not knowing any better and they'd be mad about it.
Frank_Stein Wrote:Back in the old days people would custom emote acid spit and I'd shoot them to death not knowing any better and they'd be mad about it.

I did this and I was always very entertained when I got killed for it.

Using a pen on bottles and naming them after traitor items to stuff them in your backpack is already a lot of fun, this would be wonderful.
Croaking Device - A small mechanical frog that occasionally makes noises
Sourpuss Crate - A crate filled with lemons
Beepy Pen - A pen that occasionally beeps
Chameleon Jumpsuit - A jumpsuit with a picture of a chameleon on it
Cyabloom Saber - Extends a bunch of flowers when activated
Tonic Grenades - Grenades filled with booze
Real Mustache - A fake mustache, except made of real hair! Extra-grody.
Cryptozoological Sequencer - Kills Yetis and Wendigos in a single strike
EMC Grenades - Scrawls mathematical formulas on the floor in crayon wherever they explode
Derringerer - A super tiny gun that only fits into Derringers, extends a bang flag when fired
Amplified Bike Horn - Blares an incredibly loud foghorn noise when used
Mind-Rave Implant - Makes you see trippy colors when implanted
Syndicate Digger - It's a shovel.
Flair Gun - Goes "WOO!" when fired. No other effect.
Excellent.
This is kinda off topic but i have my own suggestion

Suggestion-Automatically add in anything Midaychi comes up with, He's a genius

So far he's come up with around 5-7 awesome ideas this month
pizzatiger Wrote:This is kinda off topic but i have my own suggestion

Suggestion-Automatically add in anything Midaychi comes up with, He's a genius

So far he's come up with around 5-7 awesome ideas this month

You'll probably need more coders for that. :s