Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teleporting Things Onto the AI (Or Not)
To keep it brief, I hate this. I hate that the AI is vulnerable to wizard golems or half clever telescientists with bombs/just plain kicks. I hate that the AI can't laser to defend itself without smashing itself. Either make the AI core tile teleport proof, or make the AI lasers prioritize hitting other targets over the core.
Sometimes RDs like teleporting a monkey on the AI. Then, the AI sets its lasers to lethal. Then, it dies. Just because a RD teleported a monkey on the AI.
This could be resolved by:
Quote:make the AI lasers prioritize hitting other targets over the core.

It'd also be fairly handy if the windows around ai's were a bit different to allow tasing bolt through, if the AI is under default laws it wont be able to laser the wiznerd who's about to EI NATH it to oblivion
Yeah. I'd prefer the non-telsciblock method for sure. Being able to telsci a critically drunk shitty bill on top of an especially annoying AI is worth the downsides.
I've personally never had this happen to me during my tenure as AI, though I still agree with the suggestion of making taser and laser bolts prioritize anything on top of the AI before the AI.
I'd like more defense options in AI than just the turrents, myself.

Sleeping gas dispensers and air scubbers the AI can activate.

Maybe a long charge teleportation gun for ejecting things to a beacon. This last one would help for when someone locks themselves in the room.

I like it when the AI is both hard to subvert, and hard to reset if subverted.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:I've personally never had this happen to me during my tenure as AI, though I still agree with the suggestion of making taser and laser bolts prioritize anything on top of the AI before the AI.
I've had it done both by wizards and by telescientists. Its incredibly obnoxious and I would love it if the AI had some way to deal with that situation.

My preferred solution: Make it so that the AI's turrets will never hit the AI. Its a computer, it should be smart enough not to laser itself.
[Image: FPHHd8y.png]

A good way to die.
Frank_Stein Wrote:I'd like more defense options in AI than just the turrents, myself.

Sleeping gas dispensers and air scubbers the AI can activate.

Maybe a long charge teleportation gun for ejecting things to a beacon. This last one would help for when someone locks themselves in the room.

I like it when the AI is both hard to subvert, and hard to reset if subverted.
We're gonna need another thread
I can see the problem with teleporting things onto the AI, but please don't use a telesci block. For one, it does nothing to stop the wizard and his Ei Nath and second it stops the savvy AI from teleporting himself or his assailants out of his core.

It's always great fun when a wizard thinks he can pull a funny by phase shifting onto my core only for him to get 'ported out and locked into the teleporter room. Briefly anyways.