Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space-Vape pen
Silly suggestion for a table crafting recipe. Involves any kind of pen, some sort of small battery, and some sort of glass.
Turns the pen into a vape pen that can have reagents injected/poured into it.

The pen could fit anywhere a normal pen could, and do anything the original pen could do, but you could also put it on your mouth slot and toggle it on.

Toggling it on would slowly trickle the contained reagents into you while expending small amounts of charge. You'd probably have to recharge it at some point.

---

Maybe also an xl vape could be made, from some glass and some other materials, large battery, maybe repurposing a welding tool?

You could do the same as the pen, minus all the pen parts, and the rate of vaping would be the same as the vape pen (slow).

Upside: More battery charge, holds more reagents (so, much longer vape, especially if you use an artifact container)
Downside: You have to hold it in your hand to use it

---

Reagents might be enough, but maybe there'd be a way to make oils? <Insert some sort of creative way of processing station edibles/produce into oil canisters that have special effects here.>
(Apparently irl it's a week long process involving generating powder via dry ice, mixing with glycerols or alcohols, then canning)
Whoops, forgot to add: The Xl version would accept a beaker post table-construction that would be detachable.
Extra suggestion: If you use miracle matter based glass in the construction, the vape pen/XL vape gains noreact, meaning chemicals you put into it don't react.

That way, when it slowly trickles reagents into you, they'll react once they get in your mob container. Clown could have a spacelube smoke vape pen, for instance. Just put the reagents for smoke + space lube in a miracle matter based glass one.
We already have a vape mask, it's sold by a space trader for pretty cheap.
I've seen that mask used 3 times, and 2 of those were by me.
(then again i haven't played ss13 for 2 months)
Only if there's a suicide that makes you rattle off about vape culture then take a huge hit that explodes your lungs.
Oh, didn't know about the mask.
Carlarc Wrote:I've seen that mask used 3 times, and 2 of those were by me.
(then again i haven't played ss13 for 2 months)
I almost always buy one when I'm on space adventures. Grab it, grow some quick zine at soviet and pop a watercan full on.
SlapHappyPappy Wrote:Only if there's a suicide that makes you rattle off about vape culture then take a huge hit that explodes your lungs.
Cackling Aloud With Gusto

Midaychi has cool ideas and makes me wish there were more hours in the day.
I think the easiest way to make it fit with the vape mask would be to keep the vape pen at about 10-15 units and allow you to use any container with the vape mask.

e.g 60 unit beaker with the mask, tiny glass container on the vape pen.
atomic1fire Wrote:I think the easiest way to make it fit with the vape mask would be to keep the vape pen at about 10-15 units and allow you to use any container with the vape mask.

e.g 60 unit beaker with the mask, tiny glass container on the vape pen.
Sure considering you should be able to just create the vape pen and you need to actually go out in space and buy the vape mask. Sounds like a good trade off.