Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Payroll adjustment
So, from what I understand, the payroll pays people out at regular intervals. Each time they are paid out what their income is set at, at a fixed rate.
However, with the PTL, QM, and Mining, you can quickly see a very large gap in economic disparity between the crew.

I was thinking, maybe payroll could be switched to be based on percentages? Each payout interval could slice say, 5% off of the total payroll budget, and then that 5% is split between the crew based on percentages. Different departments can get a percentage that's again collectively split, with bonuses for heads. This way, when the payroll budget increases, everyone gets a larger payout and a prosperous station means everyone benefits.
Maybe payroll needs an even more drastic overhaul. You could set it up to do things this way as the OP suggests or maybe award individual or per-department commissions to crewmembers for putting money into the station budget. The HoP would decide how station profits are going to be allocated via the banking computer. Combine changes with overall QOL improvements from this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5588

Not sure how much interest there would be in devoting time to change this system though
Yeah, probably just roll those threads together.

Also, now that I've thought a bit more about it, it would probably make more sense to just give each department a percentage from the payroll and then split them.

And yeah, make it all editable by the HoP.
Really, the economic gap mostly just stems from the fact that the crew never use money as a medium of exchange. There's infrastructure in place for players to exchange money for services, but none of it is ever used, so no one gets or uses any money at all except for the ones that can generate money directly, and bank accounts mostly just serve to slow down the HoP's embezzlement a bit. It's a fundamental problem with money - no one uses it except to buy from merchants, to run "corrupt bureaucrat" or "salesman" gimmicks, or as a paper bin that fits in a pocket.