Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allow Incendiary Mitochrondia to be used w/ Fire Resistance
I've heard from a few others that you used to be able to activate Incendiary Mitochondria while you also have Fire Resistance, essentially turning you into The Human Torch, but now you just get the "Your body emits an odd burnt odor but you somehow cannot bring yourself to heat up. Huh." message. If you have mutadone and a bunch of injectors of both type, you can keep the gimmick up but I don't really see any harm in being able to light yourself on fire for show for kicks.
This is basically what Blazing Aura is for. I can't remember if it's specifically combining these two mutations that get you that one, but you can live your dreams of being on special and different fire that way.
It causes way more harm than you'd expect - it annoys the crap out of people to see someone walking around on fire all round. I wholeheartedly support this being a thing.
Paineframe Wrote:it annoys the crap out of people to see someone walking around on fire all round.
confused
How can someone being on fire possibly be considered annoying

Seriously, I really fail to see what details of a flaming person could possibly be annoying to anyone
The only time I can think of that it was ever annoying was when monkeys had that and spatial destablization.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:Seriously, I really fail to see what details of a flaming person could possibly be annoying to anyone
you activate all the firelocks
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
Paineframe Wrote:it annoys the crap out of people to see someone walking around on fire all round.
confused
How can someone being on fire possibly be considered annoying

Seriously, I really fail to see what details of a flaming person could possibly be annoying to anyone
I don't know, but I did it once and it drove people nuts. I think it's because it's so out of the ordinary - people see a burning person and run to go put them out or sound the alarm or loot the corpse, but no, everything's just fine. It unnerves people to just ignore a burning person. Especially near medbay.
Paineframe Wrote:I don't know, but I did it once and it drove people nuts. I think it's because it's so out of the ordinary - people see a burning person and run to go put them out or sound the alarm or loot the corpse, but no, everything's just fine. It unnerves people to just ignore a burning person. Especially near medbay.
I...guess? I mean, I suppose this makes sense, but to me, that sort of goes with the Goonstation aesthetic of wackiness more than anything else.

In any case, I believe that this genetics combo actually ignites any chemicals in your bloodstream due to the vastly increased body temperature, which can be used for some not very pleasant things, made even more unpleasant by the fact that you're now immune to being lit on fire while most of the people around you are not. Blazing Aura, to my knowledge, lacks this mechanic. It isn't much, but it's something, I suppose.

It might also be to just prevent redundancy, no need to have two genetics things what light you on fire harmlessly running around.
By the logic of fire alarms, cigs should not exist.
Pretty sure you just had an unlucky bump into some pissed off people or something - if people are losing their shit over burning spacemen, they should really get their heads checked.

If we're talking about triggering fire alarms or setting off leaked plasma, cigs already do the same and no one's going after smokers with pitchforks.
Ya, this did use to be a thing. Don't know why they'd get rid of it. I don't see any harm in it.

Dauntasa Wrote:
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:Seriously, I really fail to see what details of a flaming person could possibly be annoying to anyone

So does smoking?
Waffles64 Wrote:
Dauntasa Wrote:

So does smoking?
Like active weldingtools.
I teleported a Firebot into Genetics when they had the heat resist and fire breathing.

I WON'T LET YOU BURN AWAY![/i}
"Really, AI?"

I teleported it back out after it put them out, and they lit themselves up again.

[i]STOP DROP AND ROLL!

* Some Jerk beats the Firebot with a fire extinguisher
"I win, AI!"

basically put this back in because putting these people out is never not funny.
I miss the days of infinite trichord smoke and lighting yourself on fire for space adventures. Bring back human torch please