Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make Detomaxes not destroy IDs in PDAs.
I like being able to wear my PDA on my ID slot. That was a good change. It meant I could carry around my PDA and get alerts without it using up one of my inventory slots. I'm usually even willing to deal with PDA bombs, since mostly they just blow some limbs off and you can get that fixed. But now I don't do that anymore. PDA bombs now only blow you up and remove your limbs, they also destroy your ID. You can end up limbless and trapped in a room because you don't have the access to get out. And late in the round, there's noone to replace your ID because the HoP has vanished and the Captain is dead.

Please make IDs go flying out of the PDA when the PDA blows up, instead of just instantly being destroyed.
This seems like a simple hazard to go with the benefit...also can't you just turn off send/recieve if you start hearing PDA bombs go off to avoid being blown up?
There's already a hazard to go along with the benefit: if you keep your PDA on, you might get blown up.

Adding "And you'll also lose your ID if you get blown up" to the equation shifts it from 'risk vs reward' to 'you would be stupid not to turn your PDA off'.
Upgrade your pda with the 'ID ejector seat' module, has a chance of embedding if it hits a humanoid mob though. Gotta yank it out.
Grek Wrote:There's already a hazard to go along with the benefit: if you keep your PDA on, you might get blown up.

Adding "And you'll also lose your ID if you get blown up" to the equation shifts it from 'risk vs reward' to 'you would be stupid not to turn your PDA off'.
No, that's the hazard of keeping a PDA, for the benefit of...having a PDA. The hazard of keeping your ID in your PDA, and therefore having more storage space, is that you might lose your ID if somebody happens to pop off PDA bombs. Again, if you start hearing screams about PDA bombs, or a chain of small explosions, just turn off send/receive for a bit.
I agree with BP here. It's not like I wouldn't want it, it's just that it's pretty well balanced. Especially since you can just toggle messaging as you need it. PDA bombs are really only worthwhile for ideal situations or when spoofing. In other words, they need all the help they can get.
This is what we call an acceptable trade-off.