Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spears should get a buff
Arrows can at least cause bleeding when they get stuck in someone. With a spear you can't even break a window, which is possible with a glass shard or rods.

I get not wanting to give people an improvised weapon to murder eachother with, but given that the base components (like a wirecutter or rods) probably do more damage then the spear, the spear should probably get a buff because otherwise you're wasting rods.
spears, and really all puncturing weaponry like arrows, knives, and bullets, should have a chance to punch deep and cause organ damage. a spear would probably be the deepest-punching melee weapon option. this also gives a chance to make organ damage/medical systems more robust, perhaps increase the usage of cyber/synth hearts and any future additions to the cyber/synth organ family. lungs are a great candidate to test with, since people have 2 lungs so getting jabbed isnt necessarily a fuckin death sentence.
I thought spears were broken and currently did no damage
How do you even fire an arrow at someone? Is there a craftable bow now?
I got to agree with this. I mean, maybe make the spear have a chance to break or something, or the head, or make it more involved somehow, but if you're going to add something to the game, let it be as strong as it should be or just don't add it. A pipe bomb is just as easy to make and is more damaging than a spear would be in theory. I don't know if it's broken, but I definitely think they should make a spear a seriously damaging weapon.
Noah Buttes Wrote:I thought spears were broken and currently did no damage
I just thought they weren't done. I thought the spear should work as a decent blunt weapon (damage dependent on materials) which has a 20% chance to cut (damage dependent on materials). That or a mediocre weapon (damage dependent on materials) that hits from a tile away. Or both.

As for arrows. Well. With a bow you can dip them in 3 units of something and fire them at people. Yeowch.
Spears currently do no damage, only a bit of stamina damage. I don't think bows can be made yet still
Currently arrows don't have bows, but they work pretty well as shanks.