Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give security belts
To be honest any given sec officer can go play slots in the brig and have the belt in five minutes tops if they really want it at that price. The station can make money so easily now. The HoS should have a free one in his locker though if they were going to go the sec belt route. I still think it's overkill but since most the rest of the station has a way they're allowed to go overkill, why not sec too I suppose
while were having a belt chat, utility belts should be in the general manufacturer
Part of me still thinks the belts should just be free but at the same time I'm completely fine with paying for them as well. As someone who tends to only play security or the clown I just throw my money away cause it's a waste of a inventory slot.
Beyond this idiotic "sec doesn't NEED belts" argument which makes no sense because when has "need" ever mattered, has anyone ever seen a real-life cop WITHOUT a big belt that they carry all their shit in? Even mall cops have belts. This should be a no-brainer.
[Image: Paul-Blart-Mall-Cop-17.jpg]
Paul Blart with a belt holding his ID and some keys and a little satchel thing in the back

[Image: paul-blart-mall-cop-movie-clip-screensho..._large.jpg]
Paul Blart with a bunch of other shit on the other side of his belt

[Image: Paul-Blart-paul-blart-mall-cop-33574181-1920-1280.png]
paul blart

i think I've made my point here
Oh my god our Sec team is worse off than Paul Blart.

(Hypoglycemic should be a trait. Yes, I've watched Paul Blart: Mall Cop)
Just increasing the number of utility belts that spawn on that one rack in security is a totally feasible option as well, I'd say.
I rescind all my complaints against sec belts if they'll please give sec a pot belly and spawn with a complimentary doughnut.
Paul Blart doesn't have a headset though.
Now the question is whether our not we think the belts should be given to officers for free on spawn, in lockers or make officers pay cash. I personally think they should be free because the arguments against the belts are not really that sufficient and others have said why such arguments don't make much sense. That being said I'm also okay with paying for them if that's what others think would be best. Someone said make them 10k but I say if we were to go down that road that $2,000-$4,000 would be enough seeing how officers can't spend alot of time fucking around on slot machines. As it stands reading over this thread and the last thread again there are more Yays then Nays for them just being available to the officers.
Do what you do with gloves, set one out for free and let them buy more
As far as cost goes I am looking at it from an overarching station progression and budget standpoint. The problem is most of the powerful tools given to departments are just that, given. Qm really doesn't have much actual use in the end. The station has all these money making options and yet nowhere to put it. Starting off all sec with free powerful upgrades leaves antags with an amped up sec which makes their current startion position at more of a disadvantage.

Say you added a bundle to qm called "security upgrade" which included the belt, some black insulated gloves, and a stun baton that was self recharging and you made it cost 10 to 15k. There is a genuine desire for more budget, a use for qm, and at the same time you pop one for free at the start for low pop times. This means qm suddenly becomes more important part to the station experience. So about twenty minutes in your antag is more established and the crates arrive. It's a tiered level of risk and challenge, also incentivizing qm as a potential target.

While it would be nice to have these things instantly for sec, you have to look at overall station progression and how they would immediately impact every other department. With the new ways to make money it's also nice to have a way to make qm a more important part of the station.
I just don't see Security belts as such a powerful tool as you do. This is a idea to make some annoying issue not annoying. A quility of life idea as Dr. Bee says here

Dr_Bee Wrote:To people saying that this would screw with game balance, there is currently nothing stopping security guards from grabbing a tool belt and filling it with cuffs and flash-bangs. the addition of a special security belt would basically just be a quality of life improvement over a balance one. plus it would leave more tool belts for everyone else.

As stated before it would not hold more then one of the weapons sec has and the rest is for access to the small things without needing to click and drag. Some people like to prepared I'm one of those people and as stated before security needs their tool immediately and without warning
As probably the most hard core of all HoS's when it comes to storage, this would be an absolute GODSEND.

I don't care how you add it, how much it costs, just implement it SOMEHOW.
It's also good to see people in irc and spyguy don't think having a belt with a few extra slots for items sec has access to would not make them a "walking arsenal" or OP. Seems most experience security players feel the same as I do as well