SgtCrunch Mentor Application
Usual Character Name:Crunch Johnson
BYOND Username:sgtcrunch
Recommended by (if applicable):N/A
Times Available: it varies, usually evening-late hours central time and occasionally early morning

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum):
I've been playing SS13 on the goon servers for I'd guess a bit over a year now and I like to think I have a pretty good knowledge most of the concepts in the game. I've messed around with just about every job on the station in a good amount of depth. I really relied on mentorhelp starting out and I thought it would be nice to pay it forward to anyone else who needs a hand understanding this insanely fucking convoluted game. I don't know how much of an impression I make on other players, or if that impression is even good, because I'll admit I fuck around a lot in this game with prank gimmicks and trying to rile people up into killing me, but I hope people recognize that I'm pretty well versed in the game's mechanics and will try to help out anyone who's having trouble with something even if it means taking a break from whatever gimmick I'm running that round to actually do something productive. I wont sweat it if I don't get accepted, but I figure I may as well give it a shot since I know the game well, enjoy helping other players, and had relied so heavily on the mentor system in the past. I know it isn't 300 words, but there isn't much else to be said about it, so hopefully word count isn't an immediate DQ.

Thanks for your consideration.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):
None that I know of unless I'm forgetting, I don't think I've ever really been in much trouble around here.
You have to meet the wordcount. It's there as a sign of whether or not the person can be bothered to even put forth that effort.
I'll throw in some anecdotes and go into a bit more detail when I get home then. I kinda had to rush since I needed to head to work. I certainly didn't mean to come off as lazy.
I'll just start from scratch now that I actually have some time to write it out. I figure it's better to put it here rather than make a new topic. Probably should have just done it like this from the start, but oh well!

Usual Character Name: Crunch Johnson
BYOND Username: sgtcrunch
Times Available: Evening to late night Central Time, occasionally early morning. I usually play 2 to 4 rounds a night for a week or two at a time, and then take a couple of weeks off so I don't get burned out

Reason for Application + Game Experience: Ok, so to expand a bit on my application, I'll go into a bit more detail on why I want to be a mentor and why I would be a decent choice. I've been playing since I'd guess around the beginning of Cogstation. One of the most entertaining things about this game for me starting out was picking apart the various convoluted systems and jobs and making them actually function.

From making complex deathtraps as a mechanic, to making complex deathchems as a barman or scientist I like to think I've familiarized myself on a pretty deep level with all of the roles barring maybe security which I usually tend to avoid, which is why I'm just going for mentor status rather than HoS. That isn't to say I'm not familiar with a lot of the common issues involving security regarding how to punish people or defuse a hairy situation.

Usually you'll see me playing captain or one of the various head roles if captain is taken. I like captain because I can just go and help out/fuck around where I'm needed/not wanted rather than sticking to one job the entire round, and the massive target painted on that green armor and hat always makes things interesting. Mostly though, it's just fun playing as a high ranking role with all of the privilege and none of the responsibility or authority.

Whenever I see someone in need of a bit of help with something, I'm always willing to put aside what I'm doing to lend a hand, sometimes right in the middle of a traitor round. I really get a kick out of helping people learn secret chems. I can think of multiple occasions where I've helped someone to puzzle out grog's insane recipe, including recently, helping someone who already knew how to make it learn how to skip one of the more complicated steps by finding a source of one of the ingredients on the station itself rather than having to make from scratch.

Mostly, I just want to help people just starting out in the same way that the mentor system helped me learn how to navigate the game, to pay it forward so to speak, because I don't know if I would have stuck around to figure the game out on my own without mentorhelp.

I also welcome any feedback from other people, because I'm curious to see if I leave much of an impression on the server.

Previous Bans: None that I remember.
Crunch Johnson knows his shit. He's someone I recognize. Not just the basics either but he knows the nuances and can tell you what might go wrong in experimentation with things. He's a pretty cool dude as well. I've seen him play quite a varied set of roles and always came off as not only knowledgeable, but at ease with that knowledge. It's the difference between an engie that can set up an engine and an engie that can calmly hellburn the station into overpower.
I don't recall having any experiences with Crunch Johnson on server #4, so I can't really comment on his performance under those conditions. However, I've seen him around on multiple occasions on server #1, and can attest to him being a knowledgeable and helpful dude, helping out with telesci expeditions, cloning dead corpses, and generally being an all around cool dude. This application has my support.
I remember you being around on lljk#1 a fair deal, and I seem to recall you wanting to learn grog so you could become a true captain. I may have even been the one to toss you a few hints. I think you might be cut out for mentor, but I wish you had taken the time and waited to put your app in. Application errors aside I don't have anything negative to say about you in the time i've seen you play.