Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artistic Toolbox and His Friends
Okay, so I just replaced Satanism with the Artistic Toolbox on the wiki. But it occurred to me that there's an important question that has been brought up but never conclusively answered. I'd like to put an answer on the wiki and put this one to bed.

Does Memetic Kill Disorder make the you the boxholder's mindslave or not?

I have this argument in deadchat literally every time a Chaplain whips this thing out. We need a specific answer on this. Are the afflicted allowed to become his traitor friends? The box is a little underwhelming without the friends, but with slaves it tends to be the literal end of the entire round, with 90% of the crew dying horribly because as soon as one falls, another picks up the damn box. Not only that, but having an opportunity to become a traitor at will, just by examining the wielder or the box, runs into one of the same problems that Rev did, to an extent. Bored players who want to be able to murder people and get away with it don't flee and fight the antagonist, they willingly join up and don't give him away.
I think most people ignore the memetic kill thing, although if we are supposed to not ignore it until death, couldn't you say the same thing about space madness.

If we're not supposed to ignore strange voices in our heads, and act on them, I think space madness could get a lot worse in terms of "so and sos said I'm a traitor"
atomic1fire Wrote:I think most people ignore the memetic kill thing, although if we are supposed to not ignore it until death, couldn't you say the same thing about space madness.

If we're not supposed to ignore strange voices in our heads, and act on them, I think space madness could get a lot worse in terms of "so and sos said I'm a traitor"

See, every time I've met the box it has a whole crowd of greysuits with fire extinguishers as backup, so I know there's people who don't ignore it. The deadchat arguments against my position of "ignore it and fight back" are always based on the lines of the initial text you get from catching MKD, which I can't remember but which is something that sort of implies you now serve His Grace.