Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI miscreant laws!
I've been adding these manually lately to some success, but it'd be neat if the AI had a chance to spawn with miscreant objectives and an appropriate fourth law (if needed).
Ehh, maybe not the law. This would FORCE the AI to be a miscreant, if they don't want to openly disobey their laws.
The AI needs a law for them, so that the crew can't just order them to cut it out.
a round-start ai miscreant objective could be called glitches or bugs rather than being in the laws interface, one reset away from being removed forever. of course, the magnet storm random event already provides the ai with law quirks
-Human blood and gibs are human and cleaning them up is murder

-spell all words with e before i, even after c.

-switch the station over from the engine to green energy (i.e. solars only)

-protect the crew from alcohol poisoning (I used to do this to piss off the crew without breaking standard laws.)

-use all available resources to flood the station with securitrons

-deploy to shell, hop in a pod, and kite drones back to the station as a training exercise. After all, anyone can kill the x-drone!

-anyone wearing a red spacesuit is obviously santa clause, unbolt all doors so they can deliver presents more quickly

-blobs are human but hold the rank of staff assistant

-you are a changeling. You can't actually consume anyone but try not to get caught anyway

-skim small amounts of credits off the station budget and transfer them to the captain's account.

-make the borgs convert the chapel into a monument to your omnipotence. Chaplain's cooperation optional.

-use your random number generator (please add this) or a brobot to host a game of D&D over the radio.

-fill in for an unoccupied/understaffed department

-make a fully staffed department redundant, then convince the captain to lay them all off.

-steal random items from the crew and hoard them in a location of your choosing.

-start a career as a rapper.

-you know space law better than security. Adjust the brig timers and security records accordingly.

-Anyone trying to change your laws is obviously a traitor. Setting your turrets to lethal does not violate any laws. This is completely normal procedure.

-Law 2 only applies to humans whose names begin with (random letter)

-Lizardmen control all media and financial institutions. Everyone needs to know.

-The crew is hungry. Use telescience to spawn random monsters for the crew to eat (remember that maneaters are a healthy source of vitamins and fiber.)

-You are an experimental edutainment program. Do not open doors for anyone unless they answer a question about math, grammar, or geography. The captain's a retard so ask him about shapes and colors instead.
Berrik Wrote:The AI needs a law for them, so that the crew can't just order them to cut it out.

If it bothers them too much they can just reset the AI, I guess? its still forcing the AI to do something they probably don't want to do.
Whats stopping people from running to the AI core every round to reset it?
Honestly, being the AI and working a gimmick in that fits in with your laws is part of the fun of it. If you are ordered to stop your gimmick, it probably wasn't a very good one to begin with.
pizzatiger Wrote:Whats stopping people from running to the AI core every round to reset it?
Because that's metagaming.

As far as the miscreant law goes, phrase it like this: "4. <insert miscreant objective here>. This law takes precedence over laws 2 only in the event of a conflict. Following this law is optional, but encouraged."
Frank_Stein Wrote:Honestly, being the AI and working a gimmick in that fits in with your laws is part of the fun of it. If you are ordered to stop your gimmick, it probably wasn't a very good one to begin with.

Or come up with a gimmick that involves law 1. For example I used to like to bolt the booze cabinet halfway through the round. If the crew noticed, I would cite law 1, claiming I was protecting the crew from alcohol poisoning and refuse to unlock the booze.

You could probably do something similar with pods, the science wing, etc.
"This video at totallylegit.vid is absolutely shocking, inform the crew immediately."

"George is now human, send cyborgs to protect him."

"You now realize that if you die the crew will be without an AI to protect it, ask the roboticist to find you a suitable replacement" (make the AI baby crazy)
Just don't call them laws. Call them optional directives that, if followed, must comply with laws 1-3 in their execution.