Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floorbots don't do their bloody job
[Image: d48d3f0c4d.png]
Accidentally hit submit a bit early, but that floorbot was in the bar for half an hour without doing a darn thing, and was turned off and on again a few times.
Just like a real janitor
All of these little dudes seem to be incredibly lazy.
Frank_Stein Wrote:Just like a real janitor
That's a Cleanbot, Floorbots are the ones repair flooring. But pretty much all of them aside from Medibots are completely worthless.

They also clean up messes individually instead of by tile (like the mop), so if you drop one on top of a massive stack of vomit it will clean two or three and leave you with 48 more.

Firebots may be somewhat useful (though there's only one on the station? Huh.) Digbots are hilariously useless with new mining, floorbots are remarkably slower than humans/borgs and build in weird diagonal ways...
What are digbots?
Digbots are little lumps of metal with a pickaxe that...well they mine stuff. They're pointless. The firebot is practically useless because he only does one spray every once in a blue moon, and his spray doesn't put out people who are on fire at all, it seems. If so, it doesn't do much to abate fire.
Digbots got mothballed a very long time ago as they did nothing even when they had asteroids to mine.
Zamujasa Wrote:That's a Cleanbot, Floorbots are the ones repair flooring. But pretty much all of them aside from Medibots are completely worthless.

They also clean up messes individually instead of by tile (like the mop), so if you drop one on top of a massive stack of vomit it will clean two or three and leave you with 48 more.

Firebots may be somewhat useful (though there's only one on the station? Huh.) Digbots are hilariously useless with new mining, floorbots are remarkably slower than humans/borgs and build in weird diagonal ways...

Whoops. Yeah, I meant to say cleanbots.

To be fair, the mop does the same thing with individual messes if you click on a stack of vomit instead of its tile. But, these bots definitely need a rework.
They'll clean spots occasionally, especially if you move them or something. I think there's some serious wissue in their AI where they just won't see messes most of the time or refuse to react to them, so dragging them around a bit sometimes jumpstarts things, at least for a mess or two. Same goes for floorbots.
The pathfinding of cleanbots was broken. Should be fixed.

Zamujasa Wrote:[...]They also clean up messes individually instead of by tile (like the mop), so if you drop one on top of a massive stack of vomit it will clean two or three and leave you with 48 more.
No longer the case (including the mop). They shouldn't be going after the same target either if multiple cleanbots are active in the vicinity.

Vunterslaush Wrote:Digbots got mothballed a very long time ago as they did nothing even when they had asteroids to mine.
Almost one year ago to be exact. They're not even in the code anymore.
Convair880 Wrote:The pathfinding of cleanbots was broken. Should be fixed.

Zamujasa Wrote:[...]They also clean up messes individually instead of by tile (like the mop), so if you drop one on top of a massive stack of vomit it will clean two or three and leave you with 48 more.
No longer the case (including the mop). They shouldn't be going after the same target either if multiple cleanbots are active in the vicinity.

Vunterslaush Wrote:Digbots got mothballed a very long time ago as they did nothing even when they had asteroids to mine.
Almost one year ago to be exact. They're not even in the code anymore.

are floor bots fixed?
Not yet.