Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Popecrunch, IRC, 7/8 4:38 PM
Skunkrocker, as the admin that actually defended that conversation and had the "pissing contest" as you say, you were right, that particular line of discussion did not lead to anything good. I apologize for not ending it like you wanted to.

But you really ought to knock it off with the paranoia, we are nerds on IRC, we do not wish you any harm. And popecrunch is not a misogynist, I assure you.
Sure, if 'almost an hour' means 'about five minutes' and 'preaching' means 'answering questions I was directly asked'. Okay. Again, you're freaking out about a conversation happening that you weren't a part of.

Also, I neither know nor care exactly why BRJ joined the channel, because just like I'm not the god-emperor of all possible conversations in goonstation, I am not the god-emperor of admins. You'll have to ask him why, but I strongly suspect he's not going to bother answering you, because he doesn't need to justify his choice to join a public channel and then leave that public channel without saying anything in that public channel.

Look. Just like I'm not in charge of what conversations do or do not happen in IRC, neither are you. On the rare occasion I shut someone up by kicking or banning them, it is to maintain the channel as a whole, and is not a 'i don't like this conversation, stop having it'. It is a 'the channel is getting out of control, time to get rid of people who are causing problems or making them worse'. You were allcaps screaming at people to fuck off because you did not like the fact that a conversation you were not part of was happening. At the time you flipped out, the conversation was IN AND OF ITSELF not horrible, but about a topic which almost always becomes horrible. When the conversation became horrible, as it almost always does, a different IRC admin got rid of who they felt was the keystone in that horrible arch, and then the horrible conversation stopped.

You are not in charge of goonstation. You do not get to decide what topics are discussed, and who is allowed to discuss them. You are expected to follow the EXTREMELY loose rules - which are barely rules and more guidelines, honestly - and failed to do so (specifically, the allcaps screaming about shut up fuck off etc etc), so you were temporarily banned from the IRC channel as a result. You're clearly not understanding what I'm saying here, so I'm not even sure why I'm repeating myself, but here I am.

Please, please take a step back from the keyboard and come back to this in an hour or two and re-read the IRC log I posted above. I promise nothing is added or removed, it is a straight copy-paste from IRC. If you honestly can not find the point at which you did something worthy of being temporarily punted from the channel, send me a /msg and i'll do my best to help you out. The first time you start screaming at me about how I'm clearly a gamergater because reasons, or how I'm terrible because I didn't go out of my way to include you in a conversation I was having with other people, though, and I'm just going to ignore you. I have no obligation to deal with that, so I'm not going to.
popecrunch Wrote:Sure, if 'almost an hour' means 'about five minutes' and 'preaching' means 'answering questions I was directly asked'. Okay. Again, you're freaking out about a conversation happening that you weren't a part of.
You started at 3:53 and I was kicked at 4:41. 54 minutes. That's almost an hour.

popecrunch Wrote:Also, I neither know nor care exactly why BRJ joined the channel, because just like I'm not the god-emperor of all possible conversations in goonstation, I am not the god-emperor of admins. You'll have to ask him why, but I strongly suspect he's not going to bother answering you, because he doesn't need to justify his choice to join a public channel and then leave that public channel without saying anything in that public channel.
And I strongly suspect you are the worst goddamn liar I've ever met in my fucking life. "I strongly suspect he's not going to bother answering you because he doesn't need to justify his choice, and not because he's harassing you and doesn't want to admit it"

popecrunch Wrote:Look. Just like I'm not in charge of what conversations do or do not happen in IRC, neither are you. On the rare occasion I shut someone up by kicking or banning them, it is to maintain the channel as a whole, and is not a 'i don't like this conversation, stop having it'. It is a 'the channel is getting out of control, time to get rid of people who are causing problems or making them worse'. You were allcaps screaming at people to fuck off because you did not like the fact that a conversation you were not part of was happening. At the time you flipped out, the conversation was IN AND OF ITSELF not horrible, but about a topic which almost always becomes horrible. When the conversation became horrible, as it almost always does, a different IRC admin got rid of who they felt was the keystone in that horrible arch, and then the horrible conversation stopped.

You are not in charge of goonstation. You do not get to decide what topics are discussed, and who is allowed to discuss them. You are expected to follow the EXTREMELY loose rules - which are barely rules and more guidelines, honestly - and failed to do so (specifically, the allcaps screaming about shut up fuck off etc etc), so you were temporarily banned from the IRC channel as a result. You're clearly not understanding what I'm saying here, so I'm not even sure why I'm repeating myself, but here I am.
And you're clearly not understanding what I'm saying because you're choosing not to so whatever dude, continue to be a gigantic asshole.

popecrunch Wrote:Please, please take a step back from the keyboard and come back to this in an hour or two and re-read the IRC log I posted above. I promise nothing is added or removed, it is a straight copy-paste from IRC. If you honestly can not find the point at which you did something worthy of being temporarily punted from the channel, send me a /msg and i'll do my best to help you out. The first time you start screaming at me about how I'm clearly a gamergater because reasons, or how I'm terrible because I didn't go out of my way to include you in a conversation I was having with other people, though, and I'm just going to ignore you. I have no obligation to deal with that, so I'm not going to.
Oh, I get why you kicked me. Because I was typing in all caps. I'm not fucking stupid. And if you think I'm going to rejoin the channel and talk to you or send you IMs you're out of your fucking mind. I don't want to talk to you. You're fucking scum. Fuck you.
Fucking forgot the quotation marks, whatever. You get it.
I'm just going to lock this complaint because popecrunch did nothing wrong and you're adding nothing to this conversation other than yelling abuse like some kind of child.

If you really, truly, feel like you were wronged here, please make another complaint where you don't tell people that they are "fucking scum" and to "fuck off."
I can understand why people don't like those kinds of conversations (I don't) but I'm not surprised you got kick/banned for saying stuff like this:
Quote:16:36 Skunkrocker FUCK YOU
16:36 Skunkrocker FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING PEICE OF MYSOGNISTIC SHIT
16:37 Skunkrocker GET THE FUCK OUT
16:37 Skunkrocker YOU MOTHER FUCKER

Also what Wire did was jerkish but I wouldn't say it is harassment. It's mild at best, especially with all the insults being slung around in this thread.

Quote:Oh, I get why you kicked me. Because I was typing in all caps. I'm not fucking stupid. And if you think I'm going to rejoin the channel and talk to you or send you IMs you're out of your fucking mind. I don't want to talk to you. You're fucking scum. Fuck you.
Jeez.
I get that you're acting like a giant antagonistic asshole, sure.

And let's take another look at my preaching or whatever. Here's the question that sparked that I think you're referring to as preaching:
[16:30] <Erasmus> Also, do you often write about things like this?
Here's the last comment I made in answer to that and the other questions that followed:
[16:40] <@popecrunch> people who are more concerned that the burger on the dollar menu is now $1.09 then the fact that there are millions of people in these united states who couldn't afford it at either price

Okay so it was ten minutes and not five. That's still not close to an hour. An hour is sixty minutes, and sixty is a bigger number than ten, even if it's a great big ten made out of diamond and a tiny little sixty made out of sponge cake.

I'm not responding to your personal attacks anymore. If you have further information to back up your complaints, please provide that information in this thread. I am not threatening to ban you from the forum, because I'm not going to do that, I am simply saying you are wasting your time with personal attacks or accusations whose proof exists only in your imagination. I will act as if you had not posted them.

oh the thread is locked, okay
Please note that I am not making that promise on behalf of anyone other than myself.