Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Massive robotic prosthesis thread.
This thread is a concept that I've been working on for a while. Roboticist is one of my go-to jobs when I want to do stuff, but I often feel very much left out of the limelight when it comes to genetics. While genetics takes a second to inject you with very useful mutations, robotics take a good while, and is often causes much damage to the patient, for minimal result. Sure you might have a stronger heart now, but for that effort, it ain't worth it.
I approached this from several angles.
Firstly existing items and how to improve upon them, with added perks and balances. Some items have cons, but it is more a limitation, such as costing money, surgery extensive or requiring other robotic implants to function.
Secondly was to create a synergy between departments, namely mechanics and genetics. Genetics now has a reason to work with robotics, as some robotics now enhance or modifies certain mutations. Mechanics now have a reason to work with roboticists; buying blueprints from space traders to mass-produce robotic items creates a relationship, trading said items for operations. This means in both cases, quite powerful enhancements are locked behind collaboration, resources and money.
Finally was to approach it from a surgery perspective. Currently eyes, lungs and liver exist but cant be removed/replaced. This void is just asking to be expanded upon with robotic replacements in mind. In my suggestions, I have approached surgery from a perspective of combining intents and the rag-doll aiming system and already existing medical tools so the addition of new surgery makes sense. I have also included possible ailments that may occur that would require robotic or otherwise transplants.
I have also color coded this thread and am currently working on robotic implants/hud/mob sprites because <3

ROBOTIC ARMS
CURRENT
+Standard enables you to break out of cuffs
SUGGESTED
Light
+Can resist out of cuffs 15% faster
+Increases stamina damage by 15%
Standard
-No longer can insta break cuffs
+Can resist out of cuffs 30% faster
+Increases stamina damage by 30%
+Enables you to somewhat damage borgs.
Reinforced
-Punching is 25% slower
+All of the pros of Standard
+Reduces disarm by 40%
GENETICS:
Dactyl Crystallization gives your robotic arms a diamond coating, increasing damage from punches by 25% and allows you to break windows with your fists
MAGNETIC ARMS
+Enables robo fist launch.
-User can no longer pick up items with that arm.
-Dactyl crystallization has no effect on robotic attachment.
-Costs money
Uses a superconductor to launch a robo fist for significant stamania and some brute. Similar to magentic boots, the robo fist cant be picked up, but
someone with a magnetic arm installed can click on it to reinstall it. This also means someone else with a magnetic arm can pick up your fist if theirs is missing.
Magentic arms are similar to chainsaws, in that the user cant pick up items, so it is suggested not to have two magnetics arms. Scratch that, get two magnetic arms.

ROBOTIC LEGS
CURRENT
+Threads make you non slip
SUGGESTED
Light
+Run 10% faster
+Resist slipping by 20%
Standard
+Run 15-20% faster, give or take.
+Resist slipping by 40%
Threads
+Non slip, barring spacelube of course.
+Threads are now overlays, rather than looking silly
-No speed bonus
-Requires both threads for any pros to take place.
GENETICS:
Using jumpy with robotic legs installed allows you to jump while stunned.
ROCKET LEGS
-Costs money
-Contains none of the pros of any robotic legs
-Similar to threads, requires both installed for any pros to take place
+Enables space propulsion
+Fucking rocket legs man

ROBOTIC HEART
CURRENT
+Enables small stamina boost
+Can restart heart
-Can be a very risky procedure
SUGGESTED
Standard
+Increases stamina from 100 to 120.
+Can restart heart
+Gives permanent Adrenaline mutation (I.e: Cant be removed with mutadone)
-Still a very risky procedure
GENETICS:
Having the genetic adrenaline will give the user a stamina increase from 120 to 150, and decreases the wait time for adrenaline
NANITE HEART
-Costs money
-Does not have adrenaline
-Risky procedure
+Increases stamina from 100 to 120
+Can restart heart
Enables Nanite pulse mutation. Upon activation will inject epi and perflouro, and defibs the heart if user is having a heart attack.
-Long cooldown

ROBOTIC EYES
SURGERY
Use clampers on head, aggresive intent, will allow you to clamp open the eyes. The clampers can still be used on help intent.
Moving or pocketing the clamper will cause you to yank out the clamper from the patient, causing minor brute damage. Once clamped, scalpel then saw for each eye.
SUGGESTED
Robotic eyes
+User can no longer be blinded from mutation or from extensive exposure to bright lights. Flashes still stun you though.
+Overlays no longer effect, i.e: Shades, welding masks, gas masks, smoke grenades. The robotic eye adjusts and is operatable in smoke.
-Requires both eyes to be robotic
TESLA LENS
-Requires robotic eyes installed
-Costs money
+Use a clamper on head then apply the tesla lens, operation is minimal.
+Similar to Optic Enegizer, can shoot laser beams from eyes. Difference is that tesla lens causes minor stamina damage
GENETICS:
If tesla lens is installed and user has Optic Enegizer, then the mutation now becomes Optic Disruptor. Fires a mild disruptor beam for mild stamina and burn damage.

ROBOTIC LUNGS
SURGERY
Change to existing surgery, less intents. Use help intent scalpel, saw then the clamper to open chest cavity. From there, use a free hand to open a pop-up menu
that has 3 options: Heart, lungs or Liver. Once picked, then use scalpel and saw, help intent.
AILMENT: LUNG FAILURE
Causes from significant (200-300) oxygen damage, or from extended inhalation of searing hot air. Lung failure is more a nuasance in comparison to heart failure.
It will cause random breathlessness and random instant 50 oxygen damage. Not to be trifled with, if a user is already badly injured and has lung failure, it could be
the nail in the coffin. Treatment: Requires transplant.
AILMENT: LUNG ABSCONDMENT
The doc has removed your lungs. You are unable to breathe.
SUGGESTED
Robotic lungs
+Reduces oxygen damage per tick by 30%. Not to be trifled with, this includes oxygen damage from crit
EMERGENCY OXYGEN RESERVOIR
-Costs money
-Requires robotic lungs
+Surgery is similar to tesla lens, after clamping and selecting lungs, simply attach the internal oxygen resevoir to the robotic lungs.
+Gives the user a 60 kpa amount of internal oxygen, which can be enabled/disabled. This gives the user about 44 kpa amount oxygen before pressure runs out.
+Can be enabled while stunned.
-Once empty, will require surgery to remove/replace. After selecting lungs, use a free hand in aggressive intent.

ROBOTIC LIVER
SURGERY
Similar to lungs, select liver after clamping then scalpel and saw.
AILMENT: LIVER FAILURE
Created from some toxins, but mainly alcohol. Random spurts of toxin damage that removes itself over time, vomiting, crippling pain that causes you to fall down.
Treatment: Requires transplant.
AILMENT: LIVER ABSCONDMENT
The doc has removed your liver. Slow increasing toxin damage.
SUGGESTED
Robotic liver
+Chemical resistance. Everything, including alcohol and medicine. TOUCH based chemicals do not apply however.
EMERGENCY PURGE VALVE
+Surgery is similar to tesla lens, after clamping and selecting liver, simply attach purge valve.
+Will remove 60 toxin damage immedietely
-Will also remove 60-100 units give or take of your blood onto the ground, grossing out people.
-Costs money
GENETICS:
Will stack with natural anti-toxins with the addition of TOUCH based chems working. This makes the combo very attractive.

SUB-DERMAL IMPLANT
SURGERY
Use scalpel then saw on chest, help intent. Attach subdermal implant. Using a welder on help intent, click the patient 4 times on the torso. This will
give messages that you are welding the dermal implant into place on the legs, torso, arms and skull.
SUGGESTED
Sub-dermal implant
+Gives 20% of bullet resistance, and 20% of bomb resistance.
+Will stack with other armor. So sec armor will have 20% bullet ontop of the existing bullet resistance, as will EMD/Mining armor with bomb resistance. The
latter will mean you could nearly laugh off explosions.
-Very painful and medicine resourceful. Each welding does alot of burn damage user will easily go into crit and die if burn meds are not used.
REINFORCED LIGAMENTS
+Surgery is not as painful. Simply scalpel and saw on chest if chest is not already open, help intent apply reinforced ligaments, weld once.
+Gives you the adamantium skeleton perk.
-Does not stack with an already existing andamantium skeleton perk
-Requires sub-dermal implant installed.
-Costs money

ROBOTIC BUTT
CURRENT
+Makes you fart like a robot, but with human fart messages.
SUGGESTED
+Makes you fart like a robot AND give robotic fart messages. That is all.
TROMBONE.WAV
+Makes the sad trombone noise from your butt, with added message. User can also fart a sad trombone on someone, for when you out-robusted someone
and you want them to feel the ultimate shame.
+Aggressive aim for chest for attach the .wav
-Costs money
-Requires robotic butt
please yes. augmentation is the only thing i've ever wanted as a roboticist

i think rocket legs/arms would be more balanced if they required air tanks as fuel. just use it a couple times, take out tank and re-fill/find another one and pop it back in

this would also make EMP grenades useful and fun to use
I'd love to see a good chunk of this implemented.
babayetu83 Wrote:this would also make EMP grenades useful and fun to use
EMP's could blow off robotic limbs and power down robotic organ augments momentarily, essentially it would act as if the organ was absconded.
This would mean heart attack with robotic hearts, a significant amount of oxygen damage/toxin damage for lungs/liver respectively, blindess for eyes and would cause your robotic butt to fart uncontrollably.
Sundance Wrote:cause your robotic butt to fart uncontrollably.
I'm sold.

Everything in this thread should be implemented posthaste.
Smess human should interact with prosthesis as well. At that point you're a living battery probably and maybe could become a juggernaut.
The only thing I'm not too keen on is the light robot arms breaking out of cuffs faster, mainly because of the current trait where you can spawn with light robot arms.
Mageziya Wrote:The only thing I'm not too keen on is the light robot arms breaking out of cuffs faster, mainly because of the current trait where you can spawn with light robot arms.

the trait still costs trait points so it would be somewhat balanced. and it would still allow people to be cuffed, so its only a minor pain in the butt for security as opposed to the instant escape that it used to be.
This will let me roleplay Adam Jensen correctly. I am ok with this.

If the purge valve gets EMP'd it should spew your blood EVERYWHERE.
Sundance Wrote:
babayetu83 Wrote:this would also make EMP grenades useful and fun to use
EMP's could blow off robotic limbs and power down robotic organ augments momentarily, essentially it would act as if the organ was absconded.
This would mean heart attack with robotic hearts, a significant amount of oxygen damage/toxin damage for lungs/liver respectively, blindess for eyes and would cause your robotic butt to fart uncontrollably.
Eh, an emp blast should only disable the limbs, not explode them.
Also, it might be prudent to add some kind of augmented defenses available to Sec.
Cyber-Interface Uplink

Gives humans the ability to interact with doors, buttons, and other electronics in their view range without needing to touch them, in a way similar to how cyborgs and the ai can. also grants machine talk of course. using an emag on someone with this or them being caught in an emp blast should cause stun, heavy brain damage, and brain disabilities/illnesses like narcolepsy and paranoia if they survive it.

surgical procedure:
scalpel then saw on head, much like the brain removal procedure, then insert implant, then uh, heal it up i guess

obviously only to be given to the most trustworthy of crew, as it effectively grants all access. but the fact that the surgery puts you 2 swift strokes from being de-brained, as well as the emp/emag risk, may help keep it from being something everyone clamors for.
Quote:Cyber-Interface Uplink

Gives humans the ability to interact with doors, buttons, and other electronics in their view range without needing to touch them, in a way similar to how cyborgs and the ai can. also grants machine talk of course. using an emag on someone with this or them being caught in an emp blast should cause stun, heavy brain damage, and brain disabilities/illnesses like narcolepsy and paranoia if they survive it.

Add a weakness to electrical shock. Tasing someone should force their CIU to reboot, giving them a brief stun period where they can't do machine stuff. Also maybe tie the CIU use to ID access, to prevent someone from getting door opener surgery to avoid getting a captain ID.

Actually tasers should disrupt most implants for a brief period, so that even the most roboticized crewmember can be temporarily held down.
(07-03-2015, 11:20 AM)Sundance Wrote: Robotic liver
+Chemical resistance. Everything, including alcohol and medicine. TOUCH based chemicals do not apply however.

That seems weird, someone with liver failure gets it replaced by a robotic liver and now they cant heal the tox damage from the liver problems? I dont think there is a easy to get touch based chem that heals tox or oxy. Also what do you mean by "Chemical resistance" does it mean they dont work as well or that you are immune to their effects? All the other stuff seems cool tho
(11-12-2020, 05:24 AM)THISISANICEGAME Wrote:
(07-03-2015, 11:20 AM)Sundance Wrote: Robotic liver

That seems weird, someone with liver failure gets it replaced by a robotic liver and now they cant heal the tox damage from the liver problems? I dont think there is a easy to get touch based chem that heals tox or oxy. Also what do you mean by "Chemical resistance" does it mean they dont work as well or that you are immune to their effects? All the other stuff seems cool tho

I feel as if you forgot the check the timestamps,
But yeah these are good ideas, i wanna become ROBOMAN
(11-12-2020, 08:00 AM)Boxta Wrote: I feel as if you forgot the check the timestamps,
But yeah these are good ideas, i wanna become ROBOMAN

I did forget to see it, idk why but I thought it was recent and they were planning on changing it, I feel dumb right now.

I kind of wish some of the stuff there that didn't get implemented got, there are some cool ideas.