Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
switch G4 with a dedicated EU server
what about an server being in the EU makes it full of racists and bigots exactly anyway

the reason g5 was full of bad people was because back when the banlists autosynced, g5's didn't. plus very few admins were on at EU peak times that could be bothered to sift through it

not because europe is a continent of savages or something geez
that said there's... probably not that much of a need for a europe server. Game's laggy either way!
funnily enough, me being european I could get better latency on US servers than in G5.
Spacemarine9 Wrote:what about an server being in the EU makes it full of racists and bigots exactly anyway

the reason g5 was full of bad people was because back when the banlists autosynced, g5's didn't. plus very few admins were on at EU peak times that could be bothered to sift through it

that said there's... probably not that much of a need for a europe server. Game's laggy either way!

The reason why the EU server is considered awful is the fact that the US is not in it, thus the quality of the server decreases greatly.
I'd be interested to know how many EU players still play. Anyone with the proper access could probably find out by checking which IPs are NA and which ones are EU.

That being said, what was the typical population for G5 in its heyday? I may be wrong, but I remember it shutting down due to funding rather than interest.
I'm playing from Ireland now but really it's not that much worse than playing from the US since the game is a laggy piece of shit either way. It's worse but it was never good anyway.
Spacemarine9 Wrote:what about an server being in the EU makes it full of racists and bigots exactly anyway

No no, I'm not saying that people from the EU are automatically bigoted assholes, I'm just saying the same thing you just did. There weren't enough admins for EU peak times, so assholes could get away with shit there. From what I understand, that just didn't work out, and there wasn't enough interest there to keep it living.
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:Yeah, but I mean all of the players who only played on gibbed 5 are probably gone forever after the server was knocked down for so long.

nah, we just sucked it up and joined G3/G4. There was never much difference in lag. I miss G5 Some kind of zombie chewing tobacco and crying I g
Oddball Wrote:
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:Yeah, but I mean all of the players who only played on gibbed 5 are probably gone forever after the server was knocked down for so long.

nah, we just sucked it up and joined G3/G4. There was never much difference in lag. I miss G5 Some kind of zombie chewing tobacco and crying I g
I think that's his point - whatever players weren't going to "suck it up and join G3/G4" are probably gone forever, so there's no point in trying to bring them back by making a European server.
I'm in the uk but I've only ever played on G3- Byond being what it is most lag isnt down to latency its down to the netcode and the engine, wouldn't be fixed too much by a dedicated EU server it would just split the playerbase
jflan17 Wrote:
Oddball Wrote:

I think that's his point - whatever players weren't going to "suck it up and join G3/G4" are probably gone forever, so there's no point in trying to bring them back by making a European server.

Yeah pretty much this, I guess since we still have european players it means that the difference in lag cannot be very horrible and it bearable.
Any lag for me has nothing to do with being in the EU, and more to do with server stress.