Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improper Arguments and Genetics
Ever since I've been playing, I get the 'Encountered and improper argument' crash when using genetics computers a lot. It's lately been depressingly frequent, basically happening every single time I touch the consoles. Gannets has advised me to try the web client, so I'll give that a shot and make a post on it to see if it still happens. My system specs are:
Windows 8.1, Intel i5, 3.3 ghz, Geforce 750Ti. Any advances on fixing this would be great!
UPDATE: Goon servers do not play in the webclient. All is suffering.
Further update: This seems to primarily happen if I try to check Available Research on the console.
I've been fiddling with genetics quite a bit lately and haven't encountered a problem. As usual with bugs like this, make sure your BYOND client is up to date, make sure that your computer doesn't have the processing power of a head of lettuce cleverly masquerading as a computer, etc.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:I've been fiddling with genetics quite a bit lately and haven't encountered a problem. As usual with bugs like this, make sure your BYOND client is up to date, make sure that your computer doesn't have the processing power of a head of lettuce cleverly masquerading as a computer, etc.

That's the bizarre thing to me. Everything's up to date, PC runs Witcher 3 at at least 50 FPS.
Getting it too

PC Specs:
Processor is an Intel i5-2400S 2.50 GHZ Quad Core
8 GB RAM (swore I had 16...)
Running 7, x64 verison, Home Premium
This error can be temporarily fixed by either reverting BYOND to a version where it works, or updating.

I had this problem for the longest time until I experimented with the different byond versions, to stop this error for me I reverted back to BYOND Version 503 instead of updating to 507
Please inform if this still occurs. I expect it does but there's a very very slim chance that a recent thing I did might have maybe possibly fixed it.
Wire Wrote:Please inform if this still occurs. I expect it does but there's a very very slim chance that a recent thing I did might have maybe possibly fixed it.

It seems to have gone away, on my end! I don't know whether what you did or my hardware changes/reinstalls would've fixed it, but it seems to be staying away and that's all I really need.
I'm still getting it.
I was getting this every once in a while; enough to ignore it. It usually happened when dealing with the packet sniffer or dwaine in some capacity. More recently I had the trouble where it would crash due to this after the resource loader finished uh.. loading. It was fixed (tentatively) when I changed my 'Language for non-Unicode programs' programs back to English in Windows 7.
I can confirm. Having a 'Language for non-Unicode programs' set to other than english (mine was Japanese) makes the error appear on the Available Research Submenu
we fixed this