Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ye Olde Regular Tabletop Discussione
FishDance Wrote:
Infinite Monkeys Wrote:Someone DM a game on roll20 for SS13 people, TIA
But Monkeys, we've been doing that for about a year now! There's even a thread about it, you goof!
Last post was in May, and apparently it's full so vOv

mozi Wrote:
Infinite Monkeys Wrote:Someone DM a game on roll20 for SS13 people, TIA

what sort of game are you looking for?
I'm down for whatever but I'd prefer something with magic because magic is fun. Wouldn't mind trying 5th ed I guess.
I'm actually running a 5th edition game right now and having a lot of fun with it. While there aren't as many side books to enrich the world with, I'm doing fairly well without them and the players seem to be enjoying it. I'd recommend it if you're looking into that kinda thing.
Well it seems one of my regular games has fallen through, which leaves me thinking of starting or joining a new game.
Just had my first game, an arena match against a fighter and wizard. There were about 6 of us and we got completely wrecked because they had insane CC and stuff. The best part was when our tank got polymorphed into a rabbit and I (a wizard) decided to beat the rabbit to death with my staff so that the transformation would end. I hit the rabbit assuming it had 1hp or so, only to be told that it had 40hp... This rabbit somehow had more health than the average level 3 human fighter. Between that, the fighter's "blind you if it hits and you fail an int save" power combined with 3 attacks a round, and the wizard making a gigantic whirlpool out of thin air and suddenly gaining mind control right after our cleric mentioned having it, I get the feeling that the DM was basically making shit up. At one point I polymorphed myself into a fucking t-rex only to miss the fighter with one bite attack and die before my next turn (both the t-rex with 136 health AND my remaining 20 health). Still pretty fun despite being insanely stacked against us, and we eventually pulled through solely because the paladin had Mage Slayer.
Infinite Monkeys Wrote:Just had my first game, an arena match against a fighter and wizard. There were about 6 of us and we got completely wrecked because they had insane CC and stuff. The best part was when our tank got polymorphed into a rabbit and I (a wizard) decided to beat the rabbit to death with my staff so that the transformation would end. I hit the rabbit assuming it had 1hp or so, only to be told that it had 40hp... This rabbit somehow had more health than the average level 3 human fighter. Between that, the fighter's "blind you if it hits and you fail an int save" power combined with 3 attacks a round, and the wizard making a gigantic whirlpool out of thin air and suddenly gaining mind control right after our cleric mentioned having it, I get the feeling that the DM was basically making shit up. At one point I polymorphed myself into a fucking t-rex only to miss the fighter with one bite attack and die before my next turn (both the t-rex with 136 health AND my remaining 20 health). Still pretty fun despite being insanely stacked against us, and we eventually pulled through solely because the paladin had Mage Slayer.
Was this 5th edition?
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
Infinite Monkeys Wrote:Just had my first game, an arena match against a fighter and wizard. There were about 6 of us and we got completely wrecked because they had insane CC and stuff. The best part was when our tank got polymorphed into a rabbit and I (a wizard) decided to beat the rabbit to death with my staff so that the transformation would end. I hit the rabbit assuming it had 1hp or so, only to be told that it had 40hp... This rabbit somehow had more health than the average level 3 human fighter. Between that, the fighter's "blind you if it hits and you fail an int save" power combined with 3 attacks a round, and the wizard making a gigantic whirlpool out of thin air and suddenly gaining mind control right after our cleric mentioned having it, I get the feeling that the DM was basically making shit up. At one point I polymorphed myself into a fucking t-rex only to miss the fighter with one bite attack and die before my next turn (both the t-rex with 136 health AND my remaining 20 health). Still pretty fun despite being insanely stacked against us, and we eventually pulled through solely because the paladin had Mage Slayer.
Was this 5th edition?
Yeah, started at lvl 11 because it's an ongoing campaign.
Infinite Monkeys Wrote:
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
Was this 5th edition?
Yeah, started at lvl 11 because it's an ongoing campaign.
Riiight...digging through my source books...For polymorphing that guy into a rabbit, "The target assumes the hit points of its new form, when it reverts to its normal form the creature returns to the number of hit points it had before transformed"....aaand rabbits have no entry in the monster manual, but assuming they're anything like a ray, they have 1d4 hp max. So....a max of 4.

Moving swiftly along, blind if you fail an int save and 3 attacks...At level 11 it just got its 3rd attack per round, and the Blindness spell requires a Constitution save, not an Int save. Now, the spell DC is based on his Int, but that doesn't change what you're adding to save against it.

Gigantic whirlpool...uh....Control Water is a spell he could easily cast, and it has a whirlpool effect, but it requres 50 ft square of water that is at least 25 feet deep. All it does is pull people towards the center and make them make an Athletics check to try and swim out...and if they're stuck in the middle they take 2d8 damage at the start of their turns or when they enter it until the spell ends. But...it requires a huge amount of water that I'm sure you would've noticed.

He -could- have mind control, Dominate Person, but really this sounds like the DM decided he was X level, looked at how many spells of whatever level he can cast per day, and then didn't bother to actually -prepare- spells, he was just grabbing them from the spell list as they were convenient. This makes the Wizard have the best of both Sorcerer and Wizard, and is broken as balls.
Nah this water just appeared out of nowhere, it was a dex save on casting and every round you were in it, 36 damage and dragged 10 feet inwards if you fail and 18 damage if you pass plus difficult terrain (halved movement). At one point I attempted a daring rescue of our rogue who was blinded and near death by wading out to him, grabbing hold and using dimension door to teleport us both out, but apparently saying "Don't panic, I'll save you!" at the start of my turn wasn't enough information for the rogue not to struggle against me when I tried to dimension door him, so I teleported off and he died roll eyes (sarcastic) Also the fighter wasn't using the blind spell, he had an effect that required you to pass an int save or go blind (I forget the DC but every one of our melee guys was blinded at some point). It was complete bullshit, but then I guess they had to be pretty overpowered for two of them to take on 6 level 11s to be fair. Someone who is a competent GM run a 5e game please
Unless he was some kind of monster from the MM that I'm not aware of, that ability was 100% made up on the fly, and an int save wouldn't even make sense. Honestly, there's no real point to Intelligence saves at all.

That said, hello I am competent DM and have been looking into running another online campaign.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:Unless he was some kind of monster from the MM that I'm not aware of, that ability was 100% made up on the fly, and an int save wouldn't even make sense. Honestly, there's no real point to Intelligence saves at all.

That said, hello I am competent DM and have been looking into running another online campaign.
I'm in, any idea what time/day/how often?
No clue whatsoever, I've gotta wait to get my schedule for the next bit here stabilized. I'll update here.
Hey guys, i've been lookin to start a weekly Pathfinder game for 3-5 players

Game will be hosted on roll20

Current players:
Chase (Bard)
Hephasto (Gunslinger)

If interested, reply to this post or show up at My IRC Channel

Character Creation Rules:
+ Paizo Sourced Material Only
+ No CE Characters
+ Stats are 20 Point Buy
+ Start at Level 3
+ 3000gp (All items bought at full price unless your character has the relevant feats)
+ We're doing weight tracking

Any other info will be posted Here (It's a dropbox link because i can't edit posts here)
On a side note, it's still technically tabletop. If any of you want to play some cool board games and own Tabletop Simulator, we should really put aside an hour or two and play Eldritch Horror or Boss Monster or something.
Urs, do you have a time and day for that game? I would be interested, probably with some sort of summoner build.
Remmon Wrote:Urs, do you have a time and day for that game? I would be interested, probably with some sort of summoner build.
(oh god summoners)
we're looking at something like 6pm on Wednesday as a tentative date