Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
suiciding with steak knife yields in cardboard tube message
i tried to kill myself with the discount dan branded steak knife only for it to give me the same message as the cardboard tube one

ie "Discount Dan attempts to beat himself to death with the cardboard tube, but fails!"
Discount Dan's™ Branded Steak Knives are not the sharpest in the world. They're not sharp. At all. They're cardboard tubes basically. But it'd be nice if they got a custom message instead of the generic one yeah.
IIRC, Discount Dan's steak knife was originally a retitled copy of the traitor chef's butcher knife. It has had the properties of a cardboard tube since bleeding was added into the game. So I am at least somewhat sure this is a bug leftover from that code expansion.

Discount Dan's knife also deals 0 melee damage.
FaranBrygo Wrote:IIRC, Discount Dan's steak knife was originally a retitled copy of the traitor chef's butcher knife. It has had the properties of a cardboard tube since bleeding was added into the game. So I am at least somewhat sure this is a bug leftover from that code expansion.

Discount Dan's knife also deals 0 melee damage.

No it was nerfed because it was absolutely complete shit when people abused the hell out of it.
perhaps it could become a reskinned version of the regular knives that can be found in cutlery boxes about the station, rather than either a butcher knife or cardboard tube
I dunno it's pretty funny if u think about it
Discount Dan is the epitome of bad products, so why should his knife actually be of any quality?