Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buff Mattereater, when you use the empowered chromosome
I used the empowered chromosome with Matter Eater, expecting a upgraded Matter Eater, however, I ended up with the same exact power, with no upgrades. I loved using the upgraded form of Matter Eater, because I was able to eat pods and other random things, such as computers. Months ago when the station had the massive Christmas tree, I enjoyed researching gene B and Matter Eater, so I was able to eat it in one bite. I understand making it so matter-eater cant eat doors, because that is a little too over powered, or being able to eat things in adventure z-levels, however, I would like to be able to eat a larger assortment of things, when I have Empowered Matter Eater. That, or make it so you cant empower Matter Eater, because as of now, Empowered Matter Eater is the exact same as regular Matter Eater.
Hulk Hogan Wrote:I used the empowered chromosome with Matter Eater, expecting a upgraded Matter Eater, however, I ended up with the same exact power, with no upgrades. I loved using the upgraded form of Matter Eater, because I was able to eat pods and other random things, such as computers. Months ago when the station had the massive Christmas tree, I enjoyed researching gene B and Matter Eater, so I was able to eat it in one bite. I understand making it so matter-eater cant eat doors, because that is a little too over powered, or being able to eat things in adventure z-levels, however, I would like to be able to eat a larger assortment of things, when I have Empowered Matter Eater. That, or make it so you cant empower Matter Eater, because as of now, Empowered Matter Eater is the exact same as regular Matter Eater.

I am still sad that you can no longer eat the sun in one bite.
This used to be a thing and I was in favor of it, but it got removed when players started eating things that could basically mangle the round/server very quickly.
ISaidNo Wrote:This used to be a thing and I was in favor of it, but it got removed when players started eating things that could basically mangle the round/server very quickly.

Like.... THE FUCKING SUN
I believe that I was one of the people who suggested that Matter Eater be buffed to expand the amount of stuff you could eat, and I know that I was one of the first if not THE first person to eat the sun. While I will still hold that up as my finest accomplishment in my spaceman career, it probably isn't something you should be able to accomplish under normal circumstances.

That being said, it's been a while since I fiddled with genetics superpowers (or, hell, since I've fiddled with the game in general. damn summer vacation plans.) so I'm not sure how Matter Eater functions now, but if it behaves like it has behaves, this is kind of saddening. While being able to eat the engine and the communications consoles and the AI's turrets were all uproariously entertaining, that does indeed break rounds quite a bit.

I recall that, in my original suggestion to buff Matter Eater, I suggested that eating larger objects (walls, airlocks, etc.) would take time and broadcast to everyone that you're trying to eat the thing. This might help prevent some abuse, as well as the obvious flagging of really important objects as nonedible.
Another thing that might work would be to tie insanely big things to longer cooldowns.

Eat a door, wait a while before you can eat another thing because digestion. Small things like paper by proxy should have faster cooldowns.
Silvercloud29 Wrote:
ISaidNo Wrote:This used to be a thing and I was in favor of it, but it got removed when players started eating things that could basically mangle the round/server very quickly.

Like.... THE FUCKING SUN

Like, the server itself. People have managed to eat the fucking server.
Mofleaker Wrote:
Silvercloud29 Wrote:

Like.... THE FUCKING SUN

Like, the server itself. People have managed to eat the fucking server.

Feature.
How about this? Make it so game breaking stuff are still inedible.
Hulk Hogan Wrote:How about this? Make it so game breaking stuff are still inedible.
Pretty much, yeah.

Also, I can confirm that server-eating was, and actually still is, a feature. Unless they changed it again.
It'd be fun as a traitor geneticist to be able to eat corpses or limbs off other players.
Would it be possible to have it so that stuff eaten with matter water could be retrieved from the stomachs of people with surgery or gibbing?
Hulk Hogan Wrote:How about this? Make it so game breaking stuff are still inedible.

This is the best solution.
I can't imagine any of the coders want to maintain yet another large blacklist - just for this genetics power no less.