Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shrapnel bomb
Start with an oil can, watering can, or any other metal container even up to using the janitors garbage bins.

For oil can: Wire cutters "you cut open the top of the oil can"
you can then stuff in loose items like scrap metal, metal bars, nails, and any other stuff you want."
add a beaker assembly of welding fuel or black powder depending on how powerful you want it to be"
place a metal sheet on the bomb
weld

In the case of the timer yes it would need to be started before you close it.

WHen it explodes, depending on the intensity of the explosion inside the bomb the shrapnel is sent flying with up to a 90 percent chance to penetrate walls. The items inside go flying at a speed strong enough to penetrate skin, darts of course would inject what was in them, nails and scrap would be lodged in the person and other items would damage as though you were hit three or four times with them. Meaning a shrap bomb with say 20 scalpels would shred a room of people.

That janitors garbage bins would be different to make but would essentially function as the cannister bomb of shrapnel bombs.

The IRA uses these a lot and they are wicked lethal while not overly hard to make.

There should be some inherant danger to the person who uses them, like a 10 percent chance it'll go off when thrown instantly

A oil can would hold 10 items, watering can 20 and the janitors bin would hold around 60. With any other items in between to be determined by the coder.
Not to bump my own thread, but I thought it'd be rad if you could also take a corpse and put stuff in it to make it a shrapnel bomb/trap. Joker Dark Knight style.
If we can put literally anything that will fit inside the can I would be happy.

25+ bike horn bomb anyone get in not go out
You don't need a special danger. The timer is set before you finish the bomb.
dont most bombs already hit ppl with shrapnel already? i agree that you should be able to tape extra shit to the outside of them to boost the effect, though. however, i dont think we actually have any nails on the station, or nuts and bolts, or ball bearings, or any glue/tape to wrap the extra shrapnel materials onto the bomb with

i guess the closest thing we have to nails is metal rods

maybe could test a regular frag grenade option for traitors/nuke ops - doesnt break the floor but shreds/bleeds unarmored crew heavily
I just like this idea because I can suggest that having an bike horn embedded into you should make you bleed and honk.

Also the odd looks people will give when they have to surgically remove a bike horn.
misto Wrote:dont most bombs already hit ppl with shrapnel already? i agree that you should be able to tape extra shit to the outside of them to boost the effect, though. however, i dont think we actually have any nails on the station, or nuts and bolts, or ball bearings, or any glue/tape to wrap the extra shrapnel materials onto the bomb with

i guess the closest thing we have to nails is metal rods

maybe could test a regular frag grenade option for traitors/nuke ops - doesnt break the floor but shreds/bleeds unarmored crew heavily

Shrapnel bomb is intended to be easyto make without really destroying more than maybe one floor tile, and the shrapnel is upped by the contents compared to your usual fare. You could load it with basically whatever. Load it up with whatever and the things just fly and hit them with a chance to get lodged inside, or a guaranteed chance to impact or slash depending on the item. Load them up with scalpels covered in poison or erebite pipe frames filled with welding fuel if you want to get fancy. But at it's core is the idea of a simple to make bomb for those with no chem access.

A bomb for the working man.