Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Syndicates with the Deafness trait
With the deafness trait, you spawn in with an auditory headset, but are deaf without it. If you are a syndicate, this trait still applies, but your headset isn't tuned to the proper channel at start because of this. Basically, the overlord for this team of syndicates just outed them all on accident because of it.
Losing the extra channels on your headset is why deafness gives you a trait point.
I think syndies should spawn without traits by default.

You can get crippled if you took the wrong traits. Addict, deaf, spacephobia, and klutz come to mind.
Noah Buttes Wrote:I think syndies should spawn without traits by default.

You can get crippled if you took the wrong traits. Addict, deaf, spacephobia, and klutz come to mind.
I spawned once as a syndi with Career alcoholic and New Jersey accent. Luckily you don't need to talk to fire a rocket launcher
Yeah, hiringsomeone with spacephobia to bomb a station in SPACE probably doesn't fall under smart employment plans.
Grayshift Wrote:Losing the extra channels on your headset is why deafness gives you a trait point.
Deaf Syndicates should get an auditory headset which just has the Syndie channel, not the main station channel.
AIBM fixed this the other day. If you spawn as a deaf operative, you'll still get the special radio channel.