Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toxin Damage is coming with burn damage
Lately I've noticed that certain things that burn you (Lasers, mobs, Fire) are for some reason also giving you toxin damage as well. I tested it in a recent round where I was shot point blank once with a standard laser and instantly hit crit. I then scanned my self and had both 60 toxin damage and 60 burn damage.
this happened to me twice

first as a monkey i was in space and got 50 tox damage

and then again as a changeling that despite rapidly speed renegerating and entering regenerative stasis, would not heal it
Haine mentioned some backend damage framework changes earlier. Might be related to that?

Might just have been the bone system though.
A recent commit from Haine suggests she fixed this.

e: Recent as in last night.
This Recent round I noticed that when I cauterized my bleeding with a Welder it instantly sent me to Critical and delt 80 or so Toxin Damage on the spot as well as 15 Burn damage and 20 Brute Damage, I tried it again later in the round with full Health to see if It was just a coincidence but it happened again, When I used a Health Scanner It read 80 Toxin damage and 15 Burn/20 Brute.
Wire Wrote:A recent commit from Haine suggests she fixed this.

e: Recent as in last night.
I just shot a monkey with a laser and it took toxin/burn damage
Probably more or less related to this : viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5438

If you take away the bug's toxin damage, the burn/brute from cauterizing a wound sounds pretty reasonable as an emergency bleed stopper.
People are still coming into medical with matching Brute/Tox and not coincidental, one combo matched to 7 decimal places.
Sex_Robot Wrote:People are still coming into medical with matching Brute/Tox and not coincidental, one combo matched to 7 decimal places.

Damn, 7 decimal places.
okay please let me know if this happens again because the thing that was causing it should be disabled now