Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove "Times a clown was abused" from end of round summary
It's giving the wrong impression and at least one completely new person to the server seemed to think this stat gives free right to punch the shit out of players for no reason.
There's nothing wrong with abusing the clown. Punch him down and fart in his face.
If new players read the rules and have enough common sense they will know that abuse does not mean kill
but it encourages people to do the right thing: to bully the clown
Make the "times a clown was abused" counter more prominent.
If you're a clown being abused for no raisens. The best thing you can do is escalate but in a harmless way.

Someone keeps punching you? Steal their pants, ask for an apology in exchange for you not deep frying their pants.

The worst thing a clown could probably do is a fire extinguisher full of iching powder, though I dunno if that would work.
Absolutely not. Can't stand the heat? Get outta the clown shoes. Clown is SS13's hard mode.
So long as nobody murders you as clown/steals your mask, you gotta roll with the punches man. Literally.

If somebody didn't read the rules and thinks that that counter means that they have free reign to murder clowns, they were shit and bound to do something shit anyways.
People steal clown masks constantly. It's really disappointing.
There's an understanding that the clown is gonna be bullied a bit. If you're robust enough this won't matter and the crew might cheer you on. If you're a rare likeable and/or funny clown then you will have practically the whole station ready to give their lives to defend you. Personally, I don't steal from the clown unless they are shit. At that point I grab their mask if the situation arises. However, I never, ever, steal a clown's shoes. Shaming a clown is one thing; stealing soles is another.

If somebody is breaking the rules because they "don't know any better" then they haven't READ THE RULES and deserve what is coming to them. When the game starts up, you see this message every time:

[Image: O9qldSH.png?1]

From this point onwards, ignorance is a choice.
if someone goes overboard on the clown then just jam F1 and yell OH MY GOD HELP until one of us stumbles over